By Anonymous - 26/12/2010 06:04 - United States

Today, I think my friends were trying to tell me something with all my Christmas gifts being mostly perfume, deodorant, and soap. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 634
You deserved it 30 526

Same thing different taste

Top comments

smiley_ily 0

aww, well maybe they didn't want to confront you straight up, and did it a nicer way? but hey, at least you won't stink as much ?

Comments

Sounds like you are female. Unfortunately, all those items are cop-out gifts for females. I cringe every year when some well-meaning family member gives me a bag full of B&BW lotions and perfumes. I have enough to last me probably about 6 years.

Why? I love smell good stuff. My husband knows when he messes up he doesn't need flowers, he just goes to Bath & Body Works. I love wearing the scents he picks out cause I know that is what he likes. A cop out gift is a gift card.

tigerbander80 0

here's a thought: take the hint and take a shower.

Acousticpixie14 6

It was probably just a cop-out gift. If you're not showering at least once a day, start, because it is still possible that you do have a problem lol

Every gift has a meaning! If it was just perfume or soap then yes it is just a cop out gift, but deodorant? That's a wake up call saying to USE SOME!

Take the hint! For God's sake. For the people around you. PLEASE take the hint. BO is awful.

Maybe that you're difficult to buy for? Maybe if you have a hunch that you stink or you're fat you can worry but, if not, just assume you need to hint better because you're hard to buy for..

Haha I got loads of deodorant and shower gel. I don't stink though. perhaps it's just an easy way out of getting a decent present?

Zayna_604 0

how do u know u donk stink?? hmm..

Maybe they were trying to tell you how good a brand of hygienic products are? Or maybe they got coupons/gift cards for Bath and body works and decided not to waste them by giving you hygienic products.

sallen0046 4

Unless you have horrible hygiene and don't wear deodorant, you're making entirely too much of it. Nearly everyone gets an excess of this products at Christmas because they're easy gifts, especially for people that don't make what they want known. I have several friends that ask specifically for such products because they enjoy them, but don't buy them for themselves because they think the nicer products are a waste for everyday use.

You do realize that bath sets are a really cheap really common gift right? Unless they got you an entirely normal brand (suave, axe, herbal essences) of soap/deoderant/perfume by itself and not with others then you probably just got a lot of similar $5 gifts from people.