By animalover - 13/08/2009 16:49 - United States

Today, I swerved to avoid hitting a dog that ran in front of my car. The dog was fine but I hit a road sign, ripped off my rearview mirror, and cracked my passenger side window. When I got out to examine the damage to my car, the dog growled at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 842
You deserved it 6 613

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're a good person. At least it's summer. It would suck to have a cracked window in winter.

iLIAMMM 0

At least he didn't bite the shit out of you...

Comments

juan254 0
Theos_fml 0

Of course it will growl, you nearly killed it and it knows. It feels the anger and resentment you have for it for being there in your way. It knows that should the car have continued on its original path, something bad would have happened to it. Don't complain at it for warning you that you are not wanted.

thetraveler_fml 3

You're not supposed to swerve for animals, because doing so can result in people getting killed.

hitting the dog would've most likely ****** up your car more. win.

ihateallpeople 0

But then she probably could have got the owner to pay for the damage

You should of hit him. He clearly wanted to die but your animal-loving ass decided to save it thus it being angered and growling.

so if you hit a road sign and cracked your passenger side window, how did you rip off your rear view mirror?? YDI

And your insurance should cover the damage?

HOW THE **** did you rip your rear view mirror off its inside your ******* vehicle dumbass if you dont know what it is or were its located it dosent suprise me that you crashed you could have riped off your side mirrors though

dandymidori 0

This is so questionable. If a dog ran out in front of your car, does that mean that you were in a residential area? Even if it's a main street, how fast were you going so that you couldn't even see a dog dart out? I don't know, OP. As a fellow driver, I've avoided a lot of things simply by going the speed limit and slowing down. It's not like the dog was running into the side of your car--something completely stupid and unavoidable. For you to freak out so much to actually hit a sign and mess up your own car, how fast were you going in the first place? Just something for people to think about. I think this is only a legitimate FML if this person was on a freeway or highway :/ Otherwise, it's just a lack of attention of surroundings. I'm sure the street wasn't littered with signs all over the place.

I would never swerve off road for a dog. That is how a lot of wrecks happen. I would have pulled a mike vick on that dog if he didn't run out the way.

Next time hit the dog. They'll make more.