By birdmagnet - 25/04/2009 19:12 - United States

Today, I spent 90 dollars and two and a half hours getting my hair done at a fancy salon. As I was unlocking my car, a bird pooped in my hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 173
You deserved it 12 617

Same thing different taste

Top comments

alex_vik 0

90 dollars? Two and a half hours? WTF were you getting done?

justme08 0

DAAAYYYYUUUUMMMM that sucks!!!

Comments

no offense, but I had my prom hair done for a third of that price so ydi. Just go get it fixed.

alex_vik 0

#61 - I guess I'm used to sports seasons where there's not just one game, but many games going on. And last time I checked, it doesn't take much brainpower to operate a curling iron, straightening iron, hair dye, and what other crap you put in your hair.

People spend $90 when they're getting it cut/colorerd and/or foiled.....thats normal at a lot of salons....the price sucks if you wanna get those done but sometimes it's necessary and I don't see how she deserves this? I doubt she really wanted to pay that much to get her hair done and at the end be shit on by a bird.....that really sucks and FYL if your FML isn't made up.

YDI. SHAME ON YOU for spending $90 on your stupid hair! There are homeless, jobless, starving families/animals out there. I hope you worked as hard as I do for that money. Or did mommy and daddy give it to you? I bet you're the type that takes hour-long showers as well...Musta been really ugly to choose to spend that much.

Ouch, that sucks, I'm sorry. I hope the salon fixed it for you, you didn't deserve that at all. Also, people saying YDI for spending that much suck. That is NOT that much for a girl's hairstyling, especially for a nice salon.

My prom style cost a bit less than that, plus there was a trim the week before. And a little while ago when I had my hair cut in an entirely new style, plus washed, dried and straightened (I actually didn't want it straightened but they just did it and then charged me for it), it came to about 70. But then, I'm talking AUD so, there's still a bit of a difference. And #61 is right, stylists are trained to do the things that most of us can't do as well. And dying your own hair, unless it's just one flat colour, is still pretty damn expensive.

#65, you have no right to chastise the OP like that, nor assume they are ugly just because they want to have their hair professionally styled. Every Prom I went to I had to spend about $100 on a Tux. Guys have it pretty easy, since they don't have to, yanno, buy a dress, which is why they cover whatever else is costly for their date. Furthermore, my wife had her hair styled for our wedding. It was pretty spendy. I suppose you think that's selfish too? Whatever you say, righteous police. There's nothing wrong with spending money on enjoying yourself. I don't get how people can get off telling others how they can and can't use their own money. ******* jerks.

lexi_lu 0

Omg I could only imagine what half of you people look like who spend 15 on haircuts, get your hair highlighted through caps still and who only cut their hair once a year.. And a salon that oonly charges 90 and actually takes 2.5 hours can NO WAY be fancy.. In the city you pay around 2 or 3 hundred and you're out in an hour TOPS ..a high end salon has appointments scheduled every 15 minutes so there's no way they'd waste 2.5 hours on your hair..the only hair that takes that long would be color correction which is WAAAY more 90 dollars.. YDI for thinking the lemon tree is fancy

#68: It's a ******* recession! Honest, hard working people are losing their jobs. This is no time to be wasting money on your looks. We should all be preparing for what's to come. Save your money, and do what you can to save our planet. #69: Why do you care so much about what other people look like? Are you really that shallow? What is wrong with people these days?! I'm shaking my head. This world is a joke and I'll be glad when we have no more drinkable water or breathable air left and all you selfish people die.

Lol @ people saying $90 is expensive and she deserves it for that =/. Sure its a lot of money but its pretty standard for this kind of service, and when one wants to prepare for a wedding or some such event, people who can afford it are likely to get it done professionally, simply because for females, its not as simple as some of the males on here seem to think it is. Its not that you're more 'sensible' as a male (although I do agree that there are -some- girls who go OTT), you're -lucky- that its so easy for you to prepare for large events :S. If I could get away with just putting on a tux and black dress shoes for a ball/prom/wedding I so would =/.