By birdmagnet - 25/04/2009 19:12 - United States

Today, I spent 90 dollars and two and a half hours getting my hair done at a fancy salon. As I was unlocking my car, a bird pooped in my hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 173
You deserved it 12 617

Same thing different taste

Top comments

alex_vik 0

90 dollars? Two and a half hours? WTF were you getting done?

justme08 0

DAAAYYYYUUUUMMMM that sucks!!!

Comments

you spent $90 at a salon, if i saw you after that i would have pooped on your hair.

$15 is all that's needed for a haircut.

k so the poster coulda gotten like hilights or something nd her hair blown out straight if its naturally curly or something for $90 maybe?

alex_vik 0

#49 - Yes, it seems guys think more logically. Thanks for pointing that out. We know not to waste money on hair because a lot of the stuff they do at salons you can do yourself at home. It costs $15 to get a hair cut, anything else you can do by yourself.

You guys realize it's prom season right? And to be a girl and get your hair done is NOT cheap. They charge extra for long hair, to blow dry, etc. I'm a receptionist in a salon, and most tickets are around $100. And you can bitch about "boo hoo that's so much for someone to spend on HAIR" but you're the same people who are 1) jealous of people with good hair or 2) checking out the girls who have had their hair done.

Yeah, to everyone saying $90 and 2.5 hours is crazy, I agree but that's the way it is. I have very thick, waist length hair and I only get it cut once a year. I also get lowlights put in (kind of the opposite of highlights, has sort of the same effect but is less damaging) and the time she has to spend on it, plus the amount of dye it takes for that much hair... it does come to about that much. At least I don't have to do it very often! FYL for sure girl! If it makes you feel any better, my parents told me that way back in the day when they were heading off in the convertible for their honeymoon after the wedding, they were at a stoplight and a bird pooped on my dad's arm... LOL

alex_vik 0

#56 - There's a whole season for proms? And I've never been charged extra because of my long hair. Then again I just get it trimmed and dried, so I guess when you get them do add on 10 things you can do yourself, they charge extra for being lazy and somehow having a crapload of money. And I have nice hair, so I'm not jealous of anyone's hair, and I don't check out girls who doll themselves up, so your theory is flawed. Oh and by the way, you're spending all that money on something that's going to last until you take a shower, so you're throwing $100 bucks away every time you do all this crap. I'll never understand women's logic.

#59--never seen a cut and dye job that went away after a shower! I wouldn't pay them for anything I can do myself, but when you factor in the cost of all the dye I'd have to buy and the trouble I'd go through... I love my hair and I could very easily mess it up, she pulls it through the highlighting cap bit by bit and there's just so much of it... it takes ages and this is a very skilled person doing it. I'm not sure what the OP was getting done but if it was anything like this (my hairdresser usually tosses in a simple styling as well when she's drying it) then I feel her pain for sure.

Smi 0

@59: It's called prom season because it's the time/season of the year when most schools have their prom. I'd think that'd be pretty self-explanatory. Besides, there's a reason people go to beauty school to learn how to do hair, it's because not everyone can do those things to their hair. OP, that sucks. I hope you went back to them to have it fixed?