By maddiecat - 08/01/2013 05:34 - United States - Saint Louis

Today, I saw Les Misérables. I was singing along to one of the songs when the guy next to me dumped his soda over my head and told me to shut up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 414
You deserved it 100 836

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iarefatal 9

You must have sounded miserable

people go to shows to watch and listen to them, now listen to other people drowning it out with their singing, YDI

Comments

when watching a movie, especially at at a theatre SILENCE IS GOLDEN...

Kelishas 9

I think the Soda was a bit dramatic, he could have at least asked you to be quiet first, but people pay to go to a movie to hear the actors singing not you. If you really can't contain yourself wait until the movie comes out on DVD, then watch it on your own and sing until your Geary's content

I understand the urges, but there has to be a consensus for that to be appropriate. A good practice is to see movies on their opening night. I wasn't there on Les Miserables' opening night, but I'll bet money that at least a few theaters had people singing along.

RedPillSucks 31

I hope the guy next to you wasn't your date. Time can never mend, The careless whispers of a good friend. To the heart and mind, Ignorance is kind There's no comfort in the truth, Pain is all you'll find.

Great movie! In any case I'd have asked you nicely to stop. Dumping on soda on your head was a bit much.

Psycho_Babydoll 26

Well do you think people pay to listen to a shitty version from the people around them? Even at concerts, I hate when people in the crowd around me act obnoxious like that. You can sing along to the movie when it's out on DVD and you can do it in your own home, NOT when you're surrounded by people who paid to watch and listen to it rather than you.

You certainly did not deserve that and I think I would have pushed the envelope by having him arrested for assault. Which it was. Make him get an attorney to defend himself and let him worry until the court date when you could drop the charges. Would have been good payback to someone who could not politely ask you to be quiet. However, I must say I understand his frustration at not being able to hear the concert he paid to hear. Hopefully too learned a lesson here. Confine your singing to the shower?

You're that idiot! There is always one person in the audience that ruins a movie people pay good money to watch. You deserve several cokes poured on your head. Have some respect for your fellow movie goers and shut your trap!

Isa_fml 20

People don't pay to go to the movies to hear you sing, you jackass.

I agree that people who sing or talk during a movie are annoying to the highest degree, but unless you asked them multiple times, I think that dumping your soda over someone's head seems a bit over the top. It also probably cost whoever it was who dumped it, considering the cost of movie snacks.