By annoyed - 02/11/2012 10:37 - United States - Wyoming

Today, I finally got to attend the concert I have been anticipating for weeks. The band was great. The drunk guy sitting behind me yelling profanity and out of tune lyrics in my ear throughout the entire show, however, was not. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 154
You deserved it 2 214

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iBurnTrees 6

That's the worst! All you can really do is throw a beer at him when he isn't looking. Then he'll throw a fit and security will toss him on his ass! :D

If you're in the chairs and not the floor area you cannot go to another area. You paid for the seat and cannot take someone else's or if you're in the isle the security ask you to go back to your seat, sometimes they check your ticket and guide you there.

Comments

Aug1508 9

If you're in the chairs and not the floor area you cannot go to another area. You paid for the seat and cannot take someone else's or if you're in the isle the security ask you to go back to your seat, sometimes they check your ticket and guide you there.

feldco1 17

If it wasn't a lawn or GA admission concert, OP was probably stuck in that seat.

Swallow Bitch! There's people starving in Africa!

This happens to me a lot, and we usually just move if the concert's not sold out. The trick is, you have to wait a few songs and scope out any empty seats. If nobody's been there the whole time, they're empty. If they aren't and you get asked to move, just play dumb: "Sorry! It's so dark in here. I thought this was section ___". Works every time.

WhyCantIDoRight 5

If you can't beat, Beat 'em....In the face....With a chair....

iBurnTrees 6

That's the worst! All you can really do is throw a beer at him when he isn't looking. Then he'll throw a fit and security will toss him on his ass! :D

How can you not expect people to get drunk at a gig? deal with it OP.

People drink but they don't need to be hammered. If it was expected that you wouldn't be able to properly hear the band whenever you went to a gig then people wouldn't go.

The band should play louder then. If you can't hear a band over one guy's voice then the band need to reconsider their music careers.

Obviously you can still hear the band but the drunken idiots yelling can be heard as well so it spoils it. Particularly in OP's case as it sounds like they were sitting so were probably further from the stage. If you can't understand why that would be annoying then I'm guessing, when it comes to gigs, you're the drunken idiot not the irritated fan?

I'm not a drunken idiot, but I don't get irritated when other people are drunk. I just know that it's a fact of life that people get drunk at gigs. It wouldn't bother me if someone else is shouting because they're only enjoying themselves.

56, there's a difference between drunkenly shouting to yourself and drunkenly shouting in someone's ear. The latter is seriously annoying, not to mention a violation of personal space, and the OP has every right to be irritated about it.

You should've taped it and uploaded it on YouTube.

There is no reason at all why OP should have done that

MagicGiraffe 12

At some venues you can get into serious trouble for recording.

KiddNYC1O 20

Just a sec! 3 is on to something! ...yeah not sure. Maybe fan awareness?

Offer to buy him a beer. When he moves, someone else will take his spot. Problem solved.

And then he comes back, sees somebody in the seat that he payed for, and starts throwing a drunken bitch-fit, screaming and cursing and so on. Yeah.. problem solved.

And security tosses his ass out. Problem still solved.

feldco1 17

It's always odd how people get so drunk when more of their beer usually lands on those around them. At least that was the case at the last concert I went to.

zingline89 18

Was this guy the lead singer of Nickelback by chance?

Damn! Are there any Musicians from Canada that people actual don't seem to dislike? What gives? NickelBack, Justin Bieber, Celine Dion to name a few. Rush is the only band I can think of that escaped the hatred!

18 - Subject to different musical tastes but: Alexisonfire, Arcade Fire, Barenaked Ladies, City and Colour, Crystal Castles and I guess, Billy Talent and Sum 41 for teen nostalgia?

18- Marianas Trench, Hedley, Simple Plan, and Carly Rae Jepsen, to name a few for the teens.

perdix 29

#18, Rush Limbaugh sucks!! And he's not even a band, megadittoes!

39 - Carley Rae Jepson? Even for teens...that's bad...and she has definitely been 'disliked' by the internet, even if they did find her only laughable at first.

I sincerely hope you are trolling. Or that you live under a rock. Rush is a band, and a very good one at that.

KiddNYC1O 20
perdix 29

#62, do you think I'm some sort of fly-by-night Tom Sawyer causing trouble in the forest? I used to have a website and I think Geddy Lee wrote to me! So, there.

aneurophobia 5

That's what comes with concerts. But, still sucks... Fyl.

crazytwinsmom 25

Somebody should've passed that drunk a joint to mellow him out some.

And have him whitey and cause more of a scene?! Now, a Jeffrey on the other hand...!

these things are common at concerts, you shouldn't let that spoil your fun.