By Gemma - 03/11/2010 11:23 - United Kingdom

Today, I saw a portable speed camera on the highway and braked hard. I caused a 4 car pile-up and my car is totaled. It wasn't a speed camera. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 160
You deserved it 60 736

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You ought to lose your license. From personal experience with a jackass who did the same thing to me, I can tell you that your insurance isn't going to compensate your victims the true value of their vehicles. They will be out several thousand dollars and loads of time dealing with the mess because of what you did.

therevolution 0

wow that's so stupid...I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Comments

ydi for being retarded and not recognizing a speed camera.

Daddymo 14

Not your fault. The cars behind should have been the correct braking distance behind you, and paying due care and attention. Just because you're on a highway/motorway doesn't mean you won't ever have to do an emergency stop. You'll be able to claim for your whiplash injury for the driver that ran into the back of you.

Not true, atleast not where I'm from. If you break in an irresponsible way, and it can be proved you did so, over here you can be the guilty party. And as for keeping appropiate distance...I've lost count of the times speeding jackasses just waltzed their way into the space I was trying to keep. Theres only so much you can do during heavier traffic, which I'm assuming it was because of the number of cars involved.

Braking to maintain the speed limit isn't irresponsible, unless he went well below it near instantly.

No morons who "brake hard" as OP said are not being responsible. I hate assholes who do this why driving because if you see a cop or a speed gun THEY HAVE ALREADY CLOCKED YOU!!! I hate assholes who can't drive responsible

If you have to slam your brakes on to avoid getting a ticket, Daralea, then it is irresponsible.

r0ck5t4r 3

Everyone speeds at least sometimes, anyone who says YDI for speeding is a hypocrite YDI for braking hard on a highway, that's just idiotic. I slow down when I see a cop car but I never SLAM the brakes. Of course, if you were speeding so much that you had to slam the brakes to slow down enough, then yes, you do deserve it for speeding

RedPillSucks 31

This is more of an FML for the drivers behind you. In addition to getting in the accident, in the US they would have been ticketed for driving too close behind. What's the law in the UK?

You know, you could've just downshifted instead of hitting the brakes hard... Even in an automatic, they give you that option.

wackywillie54 0

your a ******* dumbass. even if it was a speed camera slowly break, if not keep going because the ticket would cost less than repair costs, why were you going so fast anyways? YDI

EngineerJane 0

Must be a woman driver. All that needs to be said.