By Gemma - 03/11/2010 11:23 - United Kingdom

Today, I saw a portable speed camera on the highway and braked hard. I caused a 4 car pile-up and my car is totaled. It wasn't a speed camera. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 160
You deserved it 60 736

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You ought to lose your license. From personal experience with a jackass who did the same thing to me, I can tell you that your insurance isn't going to compensate your victims the true value of their vehicles. They will be out several thousand dollars and loads of time dealing with the mess because of what you did.

therevolution 0

wow that's so stupid...I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Comments

mrphychrs 5

before I even clicked on the post, I already knew you had to be a woman

Drivers have a responsibility to maintain a safe distance. Following to close and I attentive driving by the other vehicles is what caused the accident. Why the driver braked does not change that the others should have been able to stop.

Whilst I agree with you to a certain point, if the OP braked really, really hard it's possible that they lost control of the car and skidded. Also, the drivers behind him might have assumed that if there was a need to brake hard enough to mimick an emergency brake, then they'd have been able to see it as well rather than waiting for the car in front's brake lights to come on.

cuteygrlblackey 1

I wanna know how you thought that was a good idea? You could've killed people just because you didn't want a ticket. People like you are what make driving so dangerous.

kev1029 22

Stupid British people. Don't know how to drive. Always driving on the wrong side of the road.

I don't think you should be driving. ydi

I hope you lose your license. You should not be driving. ydi