By Anonymous - 14/12/2012 00:51 - Australia - Kew

Today, I saw a photo on Instagram of my friend flipping the camera the bird. She'd tagged it under "irony", so I jokingly suggested that she borrow a dictionary. She responded with a tirade of abuse, claimed to be sleeping with my boyfriend, and blocked me an hour later. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 552
You deserved it 3 703

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Be the bigger bitch. Tell her that there's a vicious rumor about her having an STD and you are letting it continue because "it's way too funny."

It was definitely ironic that she flipped out like that

Comments

Idiotsspoutcrap 6

to be fair correcting people is rude. perhaps you should have kept your nose our of it. although you did not deserve the tirade you got. learn some maners

*manners. And also, capitalization. (I'm sorry, but this is just too easy.)

CharresBarkrey 15

Correcting people is not rude. What's rude is saying nothing, and letting them look like an uneducated fool. Would you get mad if I told you that you had a huge piece of food stuck in your teeth? No, you would probably thank me for saving you the embarrassment. That's what bad grammar is - embarrassing. At least, you SHOULD be embarrassed for not knowing proper grammar.

Are you serious? That's one reason why some people just stay stupid and ignorant, because other can't help the with their mistakes or they go nuts.

I have to say I agree with #62 and #63. If you're a snob about it and look down on people and rub their noses in their idiocy whilst correcting their grammar, then that would be quite rude. To point out to someone who thinks they're being incredibly clever and artsy that they're, in fact, just being a dumbass is not at all. Also, hifive #61. I can see why you would find it rude, Idiotsspoutcrap. With spelling and grammar like that you must get people being "rude" to you all the time.

No, rude is NOT telling. Verbal version of not telling the bride her dress is see-through in sunlight.

doglover100 28

She blocked you? She's a drama queen.

foxholeathiest 4
Iknoweverything 29

One of the problems with the internet is that it's hard to tell the difference between a joking tone and an insulting tone. (Mainly because it's tone.) It's also hard to tell if someone is genuinely irritated with you, or okay with your joking until they freak out. That being said, flipping out, abusing someone, and then blocking them is just plain stupid. I really hate the whole "abuse now, block an hour later so you can see it" thing. If someone is so offensive that they need to be blocked, just block them. Otherwise you're just being abusive.

154rct 7

MC doesn't know what irony is I walked up to a girl and I have her a kiss She said "let's go to your place. I'll suck your dick" I said. "Hell yeah bitch, that's so ironic"

Wow. And I thought I was the only one that had Instagram drama.

YDI for pointing out your friend's mistake! That's embarrassing & an insult! You couldn't just let it go? You had to be a smart ass! I'm a gigantic ****, but even I wouldn't do that to my friend! Well, maybe not!!

Why not? Is your friendship that fragile and superficial that you can't even correct or help each other? I wouldn't wat to have friends like that.

Uh, OP said she said it in a joking matter. You and OP's friend need to chill out and OP doesn't deserve the insults she's now received from you and her friend.

Byfriend do you mean you would actually call her and meet up. Or just you talk to them when you see them. Because I understand that it might be hard to tell if your joking

AriSwagg 9

That's why I hate Instagram. My old friends turned into ****** and when I comment about how they changed, we just end up in a fight. It's annoying so I just got rid of it.