By Anonymous - 14/12/2012 00:51 - Australia - Kew

Today, I saw a photo on Instagram of my friend flipping the camera the bird. She'd tagged it under "irony", so I jokingly suggested that she borrow a dictionary. She responded with a tirade of abuse, claimed to be sleeping with my boyfriend, and blocked me an hour later. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 551
You deserved it 3 702

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Be the bigger bitch. Tell her that there's a vicious rumor about her having an STD and you are letting it continue because "it's way too funny."

It was definitely ironic that she flipped out like that

Comments

Someone has their panties in a bunch much??

gmc_blossom 21

I mean, that really got out of hand fast.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

So you get annoyed by people correcting grammar? What a relief! Your punctuation is awful.

It wasn't spelling you nitwit.. Irony is when you expect one thing to happen, but the opposite happens.. You wants a sunny picnic, it rains...

1215116a 14

Yeah, but op's friend completely used a word out of context. Also op said she was joking, tell me, if someone corrected you not using a word right, or in your case, correct your spelling and annoy you, would you get SO annoyed you would say you were sleeping with their boyfriend/girlfriend? Isn't that a bit dramatic?

31 to be more specific irony is categorized into three types: situational, verbal and dramatic. Your example comes closest to situational unless I'm mistaken.

It is situational.. But I didn't wanna get to far into it while I'm half asleep and get most the trolls on my ass..

16 - You should be thankful of any corrections. Making basic grammar and spelling mistakes is not okay if English is your native language. Kinda funny how people who don't speak English natively have better grammar and spelling than most native speakers. At least that's what I've noticed on other websites.

It's because they have to. I made a really bad mistake once (misused a word) in my Facebook status and my friends certainly had something to joke about for the next few days. It's not that I blame them - I shouldn't have made the mistake in the first place. But I guess nobody would've paid attention if I did something like that in my native language, just because people don't care that much about your native language. But if you claim you're fluent in some other language - man, you better watch your words and grammar. And that's okay, I guess.

what a freak. hope you're no longer associating with someone as dramatic as that

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Just let that "friend" go because they sound volatile.

There's a difference in being annoyed and flipping out on someone. 'Aw, come on, that's getting kind of old' is different than 'I'm sleeping with your boyfriend'.

People don't like being corrected because they're complete morons OP.

I'd say, people don't like being corrected when they are complete morons. A sensible person may also not like the corrections, but would take them into account, simply not to make the same mistake again. And would never overreact like that.