By zks - 24/03/2011 08:53

Today, I received yet more mail for my ex-fiancé. We've been broken up for nearly a year and I've told him multiple times to change his address. Getting his mail is a constant reminder that I haven't dated since. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 511
You deserved it 5 939

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Stop forwarding it to him, he'll probably change it then.

Two things: 1. Write "return to sender, addressee unknown" on all his mail and send it back. 2. Go to the Post Office and let them know what's going on. They can put a hold on his mail so that it doesn't come to you anymore. I had to do this for the people my husband and I bought our house from because they never did a change of address after the sale. Also, you don't need to date to go out. Call up a friend and say, "let's hang out" and then follow through. Don't cancel no matter how you feel. Unless, of course, you're enjoying the misery and pity, then you're on your own.

Comments

or throw the douchebags mail in the trash if he can't change his address. it may seem harsh but you're not responsible for his mail getting to him at all.

So, let me get this straight: OP gets letters from her ex-fiancé, she tells him to change his address, and his mail is a reminder of her being single for the past year? I don't understand this FML.

She doesn't get mail FROM him, she gets mail FOR him.

well, if you broke up with him, then you shouldn't really be moping around and crying about it.. but, if he broke up with you, then I'm sorry and that sucks, but you should really go out and have fun and meet new people!

joa76 3

Okay, if you were engaged I'm going to assume you were probably together for several years and were quite serious. I also would guess that breaking off an engagement, unless you're really shallow and never actually cared about him anyway, was probably pretty difficult and painful. So why the heck are you complaining about still being single less than a year later? It's not that big of a deal.

RosiePatosie 0

Maybe it's time to start dating again?

jess66613 0

go to the post office and tell them he dose not live here any more

BA131 0

maybe that's why he was your fiancé

three words. "return to sender". or better yet, two "wrong address" pop them in the mailbox with that on it, and they'll stop showing up. pretty black and white.

I had the same thing for about 3 years. One of the letters was a dentists bill and he ended up being charged $1700 up from $90 cos he was so uptight about the $75 change of address fee =P

Write "Return to Sender" on the mail and plop it back in the mail box (don't forget to put the little flag up!). If you still get his mail, throw it out (don't bother shredding it, let identity thieves have a field day). Go get a new hair cut, mani/pedi, etc. and go on a date!