By zks - 24/03/2011 08:53

Today, I received yet more mail for my ex-fiancé. We've been broken up for nearly a year and I've told him multiple times to change his address. Getting his mail is a constant reminder that I haven't dated since. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 511
You deserved it 5 939

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Stop forwarding it to him, he'll probably change it then.

Two things: 1. Write "return to sender, addressee unknown" on all his mail and send it back. 2. Go to the Post Office and let them know what's going on. They can put a hold on his mail so that it doesn't come to you anymore. I had to do this for the people my husband and I bought our house from because they never did a change of address after the sale. Also, you don't need to date to go out. Call up a friend and say, "let's hang out" and then follow through. Don't cancel no matter how you feel. Unless, of course, you're enjoying the misery and pity, then you're on your own.

Comments

you_freak 7

I'm sure OP will find anything to call a "constant reminder". Go out and do something about it instead of feeling sorry for yourself!

WaylonD 4

If you would put out more, you might get a date!

rallets 22

more like "put IN" amirite? lmao

I'm with 7, 11, and 14. YDI for at least one, if not all three of their reasons.

FireFlie07 20

Just start putting "return to sender addressee unknown". Eventually they will stop coming.

stewpididiot 11

or put ' Deceased' on it and put it back in the box...

You can also mark it "Refused", as long as you didn't open it.

It's the crazy ones that do way more stuff.

hm.. awkward. I have a 3 step plan that you should follow. 1.) tell him to change where his mail goes or you'll burn it. 2.) go to a bar/club and meet some people, dammit! 3.) stop being so pitiful. *discard number 3. use step 4 instead. 4.) make macaroni.

enonymous 8

Who eats generic Macedonia? that's just disgusting. I prefer name brand Macedonia or Libya (less carbs).

rallets 22

MACARONI IN THE HOUSE!!! *grabs spoon* **** all that fancy shit, gimme that Kraft Mac & Cheese

C6Racer 0

So THAT'S why they've all been making me macaroni when they invite me over.

OCDC 9

I don't think you can burn emails. Unless of course you plan to burn the whole computer?

Put in a change of address for him in Alaska

Yeah, I agree with Doortje, don't forward his mail he'll change it eventually. I was in a similar situation a while ago but my ex had gone to a different state and I never sent him his mail so he had no choice but to change it :)

You're the one having a problem with receiving emails from him so why don't YOU change your email?? Oh, there's a brilliant idea!

Whoops. I read it wrong. What I mean is you freaking write on the envelopes, "DOES NOT LIVE HERE" and put it in the mailbox. It worked for my family.