By zks - 24/03/2011 08:53

Today, I received yet more mail for my ex-fiancé. We've been broken up for nearly a year and I've told him multiple times to change his address. Getting his mail is a constant reminder that I haven't dated since. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 511
You deserved it 5 939

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Stop forwarding it to him, he'll probably change it then.

Two things: 1. Write "return to sender, addressee unknown" on all his mail and send it back. 2. Go to the Post Office and let them know what's going on. They can put a hold on his mail so that it doesn't come to you anymore. I had to do this for the people my husband and I bought our house from because they never did a change of address after the sale. Also, you don't need to date to go out. Call up a friend and say, "let's hang out" and then follow through. Don't cancel no matter how you feel. Unless, of course, you're enjoying the misery and pity, then you're on your own.

Comments

skatack 0

Burn his mail. Then he'll change his address.

Just go to the post office and give them a forwarding address so it never has to reach your house.

Don't think of it as a bad thing that you have been single for a year, it's not that long and it's good to focus on yourself and not jump right into another relationship.

jewelsfml 0

if he wont change his address you should write deceased on the letter and send it back! that outta teach him

Stop passing it on to him. when he doesn't get some important stuff he will be motivated to change it.

rather than forwarding or saying to stop, tell them he died and that they are causing grief. You can do this by writing "return to sender - deceased" Legally they don't want that on their hands. In real death cases you can sue for emotional harassment if they don't stop. Plus not only will it stop the mail, but you can pretend all sorts of horrible things happened to him. (I probably need therapy)

talloctopus 7

go out and have a fling. Get over him

Yet another reason not to move in with someone you aren't married to: you wouldn't be having this problem now. Quit passing it to him, and just throw it in the trash. If he can't be bothered to update his address, then his mail must not be that important to him.