By zks - 24/03/2011 08:53

Today, I received yet more mail for my ex-fiancé. We've been broken up for nearly a year and I've told him multiple times to change his address. Getting his mail is a constant reminder that I haven't dated since. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 511
You deserved it 5 939

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Stop forwarding it to him, he'll probably change it then.

Two things: 1. Write "return to sender, addressee unknown" on all his mail and send it back. 2. Go to the Post Office and let them know what's going on. They can put a hold on his mail so that it doesn't come to you anymore. I had to do this for the people my husband and I bought our house from because they never did a change of address after the sale. Also, you don't need to date to go out. Call up a friend and say, "let's hang out" and then follow through. Don't cancel no matter how you feel. Unless, of course, you're enjoying the misery and pity, then you're on your own.

Comments

jdengel 0

you kind of deserve it if you don't get yourself out there

TalkinSmack 6

quit whining about not having a date. if u sit around waiting for some ex's mail ur never going to meet anyone. hopefully a date will show up in the mail for u soon lmfao

bnsolong11 0

Oh, he's going to miss not getting all that lovely mail! But you know his new address right? I think you should start signing him up for stuff, so he doesn't feel left out. Anything at all where you can request to be added to a mailing list. Look around, you'll find hundreds of opportunities.

RockstarRN 10
Lubpynk 0

change his address for him! throw away anything that makes its way through the address change.

briidontgive_ 0

go out and meet people . Your fault for not doing anything about it.

If you dumped him, and he was a good guy, ydi. if he left your, or if you dumped him because he was a jerk, or irresponsible, or any legitimate reason, than yeah, fyl.