By Anonymous - 24/03/2012 02:39 - United States - Fredericksburg

Today, I received my first payment of child support from my estranged husband: $50 and a note that said he wouldn't be paying any more. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 138
You deserved it 3 764

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you should petition the court to obtain his balls.

cjcstuart 7

At least he payed something:/ my dad never paid:/

Comments

Take it to court and get more. They'll make sure you get everything and make it impossible for him not to pay. obviously you're better off without him tho, he's so stupid that he wrote a note that breaks the law...

take his to court, order a wage withholding and theyll take it out ofvevery paycheck he gets.

linkinpark98 23

I; You'll see better days, OP.

perdix 29

You ought to invest in having a couple of thugs rough him up a bit. That will work a lot better than casting your fate to a bunch of overworked, underpaid bureaucrats with bad attitudes. A few bitch-slaps while being instructed to "pay or else" in infinitely more effective than a piece of registered mail.

***This is the ONLY thing that works***

I'd send him a note back that simply said: "Two words: wage garnishment." What a ******* dick. Just because your marriage didn't work doesn't give you the right to abandon your kids. That's not a man - that's a pussy ass bitch.

TheDrifter 23

On the other hand their failed marriage shouldn't give her the right to live at his expense for two decades afterward. Sure, half of the child's expenses should be his, but child support payments these days are rediculous.

We get it. Canada sucks. Get off it already, this was NOT in Canada. This was in the USA.

...so take him to court? As long as he has a job they will garnish his wages do it comes out of his paycheck automatically. Even if he doesn't have a job, that way if he ever gets one he will owe you money from all the months he missed. Fyl for having a shitty ex as your child's father, but don't forget that you have options to MAKE him pay.

ctlnaaia71 8

Very simple: sue his ass for child support, that way, he has to pay every month, if he doesn't pay, he goes to jail. Now, if he goes to jail, please don't go to visit him, ok?

I agree with #56. That would work much better than a court date. And it would make you feel oh so good at the same time.