Yeah, **** the poor

By Anonymous - 13/11/2020 23:02 - Canada

Today, I discovered my deadbeat ex-husband will not have to pay child support anymore, because while he sat on CERB the entire pandemic, I was an essential worker, and will be punished for having had an actual income. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 120
You deserved it 140

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fellow Canadian here: if your child support order is registered with Maintenance Enforcement Program, then he still has to pay child support- CERB or not. He might be able to pay a reduced amount until his income returns to normal, but child support is still an obligation that needs to met. If you don't have an order for child support, I suggest you get one and register it with MEP as soon as possible.

Kraths 16

Canada Emergency Response Benefit

Comments

What is CERB? Is it some kind of sexual fetish thing like BSDM? I don't look this shit up on Urban Dictionary anymore because I'm traumatized by some of what I learn there.

Kraths 16

Canada Emergency Response Benefit

Ah, that makes more sense! I broke down and checked Urban Dictionary and got bludgeoned with "Corseted Emaciated Rotating Buttocks." I'm not going to be able to sleep anytime soon!

Cordy7 3

It's the Canadian Emergency Relief Benefit. Basically the Canadian government's response to help people who lost their jobs due to the pandemic.

tounces7 27

Eh, welcome to what American Men experience all the time.

usually men aren't those who do the actual parenting though.

tounces7 27

Yeah, if we were in the 1960s. But welcome to the year 2020, where a lot of fathers actually DO put forth considerable effort to parent. Of course, you wouldn't know it, because most of the stories you will hear are entirely one-sided.

Fellow Canadian here: if your child support order is registered with Maintenance Enforcement Program, then he still has to pay child support- CERB or not. He might be able to pay a reduced amount until his income returns to normal, but child support is still an obligation that needs to met. If you don't have an order for child support, I suggest you get one and register it with MEP as soon as possible.