By oh... - 20/10/2013 20:34 - United States - Springfield

Today, I realized that when my dad said he would pay for my college, he really meant that he was going to forge my signature on a student loan in my name and not make payments on it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 397
You deserved it 3 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't know how close you are to your dad, but that's a serious crime and you should be making a police report.

Comments

Thats a really bad thing to do, and you should take serious action before things reach too far.

Doesnt he need to provide I.D proof too?

I see a law suit in your near future! Good luck! Sorry that happen to you!

softviking 12

Why on earth would he pay anyways? Your parents are not always going to be there, you need to learn to stand on your own legs...

If he offered to pay for the OP to go to college then that is his choice as a parent. If the father signed the OP up for loans that he didn't tell the OP about then the father should be paying for those loans. It's in no way fair for the father to say he's paying for the OP's schooling while really trashing the OP's credit. You are commenting as though the OP signed up for the loan himself and thought his father should pay.

dmklake 14

Sorry OP. I should go thank my parents now because they paid for everything.

thejimler 9

To the idiots saying that parents aren't obligated to pay for college/university, whilst technically that is true, to deceive their child into thinking they'd have financial support so that they can focus on other things then bail out at the last minute is sickeningly low. If you don't plan to support them then tell them early on in life so they can work out how they're going to support their own personal goal either by working part time, applying for scholarships, or getting a student loan that they are responsible for.

to those saying parents shouldn't have to pay true but they shouldn't lie either my parents worked hard to keep me and my brother and sister clothed and fed but they couldn't make enough to pay for College we all knew that so my brother and sister got Military Scholarships to pay for school because they knew our parents would have payed for us if they had the cash

Are you people REALLY saying that OP deserves this because his parents shouldn't have to pay for his college education? I don't think he ever said that. The FML is that he was lied to. My parents paid for about half my college education because they wanted to, not because I asked them to or because they felt obligated, and they made it very clear when they could no longer support me. I was thankful for what they could do and accept that they can't do any more, but I would be furious if they had lied to me.

I never thought I'd recommend this to a person about their Dad but you need to go to the police.