By ThisGuy775 - 19/09/2011 04:41 - United States

Today, my dad asked to borrow some money off me, so I said okay. Later on, he told me he'll be using it to help divorce my mom. I pretty much just helped pay for my parents' divorce. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 457
You deserved it 2 982

Same thing different taste

Top comments

salvorican 24

At least your money is going to make THEM happy op. It's not easy living in the same house with parents that don't get along..

Comments

FYL OP, it's not your fault though. They were going to divorce anyways and you didn't know what he was going to use the money for

BellaBelle_fml 23

So does it suck, or is it ok? Stop being so indecisive!

OP, If it's what your parents feel is the right thing to do, then let it be. They are obviously doing it because they don't feel like they should be together anymore, and to be honest OP, if that's the case, it would be better that way. It would save the need for countless fights just because there is no love anymore. And don't forget OP, no matter what, they are still your parents, and nothing such as their love for you will change.

HowAreYouToday 34

I actually feel bad for op in this FML...

28 that would be the case unless the child was the reason for their divorce and they continue to bring it up and blame it on him. Just speaking from experience. My Dad never misses a chance to call or whenever I visit him to just let me know how I ****** up his marriage.

52, that's not your fault. You're their child, they chose to have you, so if I were you, I wouldn't accept that it could possibly be my fault. But sorry to hear anyway.

Well... It might be if said mother doesn't like the OP and wants to get away from him.

salvorican 24

At least your money is going to make THEM happy op. It's not easy living in the same house with parents that don't get along..

I'm pretty sure OP didn't realize there was an issue...

StopDropNRoll 11

I'm pretty sure he/she did. It's really hard to hide problems big enough to end a marriage.

True. My family's going through some issues now. I just remember hearing divorce first when I was 8. Flash forward 12 years and i'm listening to the same broken record

Call it theft and report him. He will have no money to divorce her then. But for your benefit, he will live in misery

Wait...what? Are you actually suggesting that OP turn his father in (even though he did NOTHING wrong) and risk having him become a felon, just because he wants to get a divorce? Are you actually that shortsighted (by that I mean "stupid")?

By your standard yes I suppose, but perhaps my sense of humor has disappeared from the Internet. I see no harm in being silly on the net since here I am known by no one. The problem just begins with anonymity.

If your comment was meant to be silly, I apologise. I must have forgotten to turn on my sarcasm-o-meter when I woke up this morning.

Heres what you do Crash his car and say "well i would have the money to pay for it by myself if you and mom weren't getting a divorce..." that way either hell pay or he wot divorce!!! GENIUS!!!!!!!!

Man now you know what wars are like, suppliets providing ammo Judy for their enemies to declare war on them, similarly ad you supplied the bullet for your dad to shoot u in the foot

Whoa smths wrong with my iPhone so many typos: suppliers* ammo just* similarly as*

If he doesn't have enough money to pay for it himself you should take the money back. If it's his problem then he should deal with it himself,. Not bring you more into it.

xxxNataliexxx 0

Now to be fair you should lend the same amount of money to your mom to defend her self