By taylorgo - 16/07/2009 18:50 - United States

Today, I quit my job because my company wouldn't give me the raise I've been asking for for 2 years. I just saw the ad on Craigslist for my replacement position. The starting salary is above what I was asking for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 035
You deserved it 4 916

taylorgo tells us more.

taylorgo 0

Hey all - Thanks for the comments... I did have another job before quitting and I did give my 2 week notice. I'm not stupid in this kind of economy. When giving my 2 week notice, my boss offered to match my current salary and I denied it. I then saw the craigslist posting for more money after I already denied what my boss tried to match for me since I felt it was too late and my new job paid way more. Therefore the uneducated, stupid, and not doing well at my job part doesn't apply. However the undervalued, stupid boss does. :)

Top comments

lol i think you should try and reapply for that job and see if you get it, thatd be hilarious if you did.

CowGoesMoo 0

You quit in this economy???? you're brave!

Comments

Some of you obviously don't live in the real world. When you quit, you show the employer that you aren't as loyal as you would like to believe. You can't swing a stick without hitting a dozen people who would be more qualified to take the job. The minute you start thinking "they can't get rid of me", you'd better have your resume updated. I've seen incompetent but difficult to fire employees get shown the door just for spite. Reapplying is the most ignorant advice possible. If they wanted her, they would have already offered the money they're willing to pay. You will lose if this is your strategy to get a raise.

That's a slap in the face. Find a better paying job...

socalbabe 0

Boo effing Hoo you were an idiot asking for a raise in this economy. you were luck to have a job! IDIOT!!!

Well apparently the company could have afforded the raise.

ArbiterOfFML 24

if you plan on insulting, spell and punctuate correctly.

ryansims 0

you suck at your job they were glad to see you leave you dumb ****

Cause you sucked and it costs a lot to replace an employee.

thelonelylurker 0

Who quits their job in a recession?! What's the company I have several friends who would kill for a job that "underpays".

ArbiterOfFML 24

you never know why they might need the money. they can be under threay by the IRS or they can have a bill which they cannot pay off without a raise. so please don't bitch in the comments.

they may have changed the position some or be hoping for someone with a higher education level.

Why the hell did you quit!? Have fun looking for another job! I've been looking for one since last November! Biggest mistake I ever made!

YDI for quitting your job in this economic situation. Maybe you should improve your education and become a more productive worker before asking for a raise.