By taylorgo - 16/07/2009 18:50 - United States

Today, I quit my job because my company wouldn't give me the raise I've been asking for for 2 years. I just saw the ad on Craigslist for my replacement position. The starting salary is above what I was asking for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 035
You deserved it 4 916

taylorgo tells us more.

taylorgo 0

Hey all - Thanks for the comments... I did have another job before quitting and I did give my 2 week notice. I'm not stupid in this kind of economy. When giving my 2 week notice, my boss offered to match my current salary and I denied it. I then saw the craigslist posting for more money after I already denied what my boss tried to match for me since I felt it was too late and my new job paid way more. Therefore the uneducated, stupid, and not doing well at my job part doesn't apply. However the undervalued, stupid boss does. :)

Top comments

lol i think you should try and reapply for that job and see if you get it, thatd be hilarious if you did.

CowGoesMoo 0

You quit in this economy???? you're brave!

Comments

loverface_01 0

#40.. maybe you're the ******* idiot.

You're an idiot for quitting in this job market. You deserved it.

I quit my job a year ago... found one 3 months later that only gave 8 hours a week. And I JUST found a real job... gg on quitting

maybe_tomorrow 0

That sucks lol. But seriously, who quits their job during a recession? Better start applying for a new one.

you should apply for the job. if they, for some crazy reason, hire you....you get your raise! if they don't hire you, at least you will (hopefully) make your prior employers feel a little bad when they see you appiled for the job...

well looks like you should apply. I'm serious who has more experience then you?

It's actually the same salary -- it's just what they'd pay a man.

Methinks you suched at your job, douchebag...

triplethreat13 0

you have the experience, who can do a better job than you? apply, apply!

Ifthis is true, get yourself a lawyer that specializes in employment...