By Anonymous - 27/09/2009 02:18 - United States

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend with the cliché of the diamond ring in a champagne glass. Apparently there was an off-duty police officer across the room watching me slip the ring into the glass. He thought I was slipping in a date-rape drug and tackled me down before I could propose. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 148
You deserved it 4 420

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Putting a ring in food/drink is a stupid idea in the first place, there's this think called "choking". (:

jchansfan 0

Wow way to go Officer Jump the Gun. You could have always tackled him on the way out after you were sure you knew what was going on... No, I do not know why i'm talking as if the police officer is here... :P

Comments

was there champagne in the champagne glass?

It'd be funny if we're all telling him it's a good story for the grandkids and being supportive..... ...and she said no.

Dude, that's awesome. She will NEVER forget the proposal, now! You successfully turned cliché into "how the **** did that just happen?"

Ok, obviously fake. What went though the policeman's mind, do you think? "DATE RAPE DRUG, I MUST TACKLE THAT KID NOW!" Probably more like, "I'm gonna go have a chat with that kid over there about what he just dropped in that drink."

The guy might have tackled him as he was handing the drink to his girl? That would make sense because he'd want to stop her from drinking out of it and calming walking over might not do the job. I hate it when people get on here and cry about everything being fake. There's no way you can know. Who even cares if it's fake? Does that make it less interesting to read?

A (competent) cop would know that off duty or not, that is assault.

Did you at least tell him that he just f-ed up your proposal?

this is faker than the picture of that woman with triple Z boobs

Doomed if you do it traditionally, or cliche, and you're doomed if you try to be original. FML teaches life lessons on how you can never, ever win.

the tripple z boobs chick is real, she was in my country alst week for boobs on bikes parade (new zealand)

Nate_d099 0

take advantage of it, tell him right in front of her she'll think its romantic that u got bruised for it then deck the mutha fker who tackled you.