By Anonymous - 13/11/2014 18:50 - South Africa - Cape Town

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend of 5 years. She bitched me out for not getting the ring she had been "hinting" me to get, and angrily left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 419
You deserved it 4 974

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what a b***h for not respecting the moment and ruining it just because she didn't get exactly what she wanted at least you see her true colors now

Comments

CaroAurelia 12

Some girls get way too caught up in the ring. Like, hello, this dude just said he loves you and wants to spend the rest of his life with you! Isn't that more important?

I'd be pissed if my boyfriend got me yellow gold. I don't wear it ever. But if it was because the diamond was too small or the shape was wrong or something like tht? It's petty. If it's that important to you, bring it up later. Not during the proposal!! But again, I'd be pissed if it was something I hated and he didn't pay attention.

Break up. This is just shows what married life will be like with her: no gratitude for whatever you do from the heart. You won't be happy with someone that shallow and materialistic.

Guys aren't mind readers. It's seriously not easy to tell what the **** a girl wants sometimes. So yeah when OP's girlfriend got mad because OP didn't take a "hint" on the ring she wanted, that was uncalled for. OP proposed to her and I'm guessing that it wasn't just a plastic ring. But really, it is hard for guys, or anyone for that matter, to read minds and figure out what other people want if they just 'hint' you

Wini1980 6

I feel bad for you OP, I wish my boyfriend of 7 years would propose to me... I'd say yes to a pop tab at this point. Some people don't know how lucky they really are

Dro23 10

What an ungrateful bitch. Is the thought that counts op **** her! I wish my boyfriend would propose to me:/ we've been dating for 2 years & we have a baby I told him I wanted to marry him, his answer was "you going to fast"

This is why the whole scam of engagement rings are horrible. Getting married should be about love, not about money, but engagement rings ruin that. By attaching a material gain to being proposed to, it sours the whole thing. This girl might have happily accepted your proposal otherwise, but the idea of getting something shiny has blocked her from seeing what's really important. Instead of being excited about marrying the love of her life, she's excited about getting a pretty bauble. That said, move on OP. I hope your next relationship is with someone with better priorities.

ajs1987 15

I understand why she'd want a certain ring, but she should not have acted the way she did. Plus, we're guys and sometimes a little hint isn't enough, sometimes we need to be beaten over the head with the "obvious" shovel. I'd also be worried if I were you, this makes me think that she might just be looking for the ring and the party rather than the actual marriage.

Move on. She sounds crazy and unappreciative.