By Anonymous - 13/11/2014 18:50 - South Africa - Cape Town

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend of 5 years. She bitched me out for not getting the ring she had been "hinting" me to get, and angrily left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 419
You deserved it 4 974

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what a b***h for not respecting the moment and ruining it just because she didn't get exactly what she wanted at least you see her true colors now

Comments

i heard this thing : if the ring matters, they don't. I'm not sure entirely because that isn't always true but yeahhh.

The thing that's wrong in this situation is how the GF acted towards OP during the proposal. What kind of girl bitches their BF out while they are trying to PROPOSE TO YOU? I'm sure OP tried to get her a ring that looked nice, why wouldn't he? There may be certain things about a piece of jewelry that you don't like, understandable, but the way this FML is worded, it doesn't sound like the GF didn't like it because of one specific thing. It's says she bitched him out because OP "didn't get her the ring she hinted at." That sounds like she's just being superficial like I stated in my previous comment.

she doesn't want OP, she wants the ring. Its not love. he is just convenient/useful to her. OP should get the hint and leave her ass.

#72 That's exactly it. If it's not the ring she wants, that can be fixed, but she didn't have to make him feel like shit and ruin the proposal.

I disagree to some extend wow, that she did that. I know for myself I have invisioned what my ring will look like for years.. and its not just any ring it's "the" ring. that your supposed to wear your entire life. it's supposed to be exactly what you want. that's why you ring shop.

Wow. Well all I can say is that you dodged a bullet there. Being married to her would be your worst nightmare. Take this as a sign and run.

Wait till her looks disappear when you get older, then you nothing but an attitude And dysfunctional personality to deal with,HA! Good Luck.

Hirix 3

Not worth it, only going to get worse if you did get married