By Anonymous - 13/11/2014 18:50 - South Africa - Cape Town

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend of 5 years. She bitched me out for not getting the ring she had been "hinting" me to get, and angrily left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 419
You deserved it 4 974

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what a b***h for not respecting the moment and ruining it just because she didn't get exactly what she wanted at least you see her true colors now

Comments

Ashd09 30

She obviously doesn't deserve you OP. I'm far from getting proposed to but I know I would happy with even a ring pop if I loved my boyfriend. It ain't the size of the ring that matters, its the person you're with. That's a lesson she needs to learn

I like the romance of a surprise proposal. Looking beforehand together is basically saying "I'm going to propose, show me what you want me to do it with." Take your girlfriend's mom, sister, friend, or whatever instead! Likely at some point they've mentioned what ring they like to them.

You just saw her true colors. do you really want to be treated like that forever?

Your girlfriend is a bitch. She should be happy you asked.

OP, I almost always vote YDI on proposal FMLs because they usually could have been avoided if the proposer had talked to the proposee about marriage and each partner's stance before the proposal. But this earned a straight-up FYL from me, so congrats on that, I guess? I am echoing everyone else who thinks you dodged a bullet. It's one thing to not be on the same page when it comes to marriage. It's another thing to not be on the same page when it comes to jewelry, and as a fellow oblivious person, I feel your pain at being unable to take a hint unless it's clearly spelled out to the point of not being a hint anymore.

Damn sorry op she's untreateful she should care what ring you got her its the thought that counts.

What a bitch. I guess she doesn't deserve you.