By Anonymous - 13/11/2014 18:50 - South Africa - Cape Town

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend of 5 years. She bitched me out for not getting the ring she had been "hinting" me to get, and angrily left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 419
You deserved it 4 974

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what a b***h for not respecting the moment and ruining it just because she didn't get exactly what she wanted at least you see her true colors now

Comments

And they say valeu does'nt matter. It's been a lie!

My husband taught me a long time ago hinting NEVER works just tell each other what you want and everyone will be happier. I don't think your girlfriend is mad about the ring you did get her. She is mad because in her mind she thinks that you don't pay attention to her because you didn't catch on to her hints. Try talking about it op and if all else fails at least you found out before you are married.

It's a good thing you didn't get her the "right" ring, OP. You would never have known of her bitchiness until a while into your marriage, which would probably lead into several miserable and depressing years whenever she would show her real colors.

classy. I don't think you deserve her then op

baileygirl88 8

In no way do I agree with your girlfriend. However, this will make me sound like s horrible troll but I assure you I'm not. I've been with my BF for 5 years also, and I've been waiting for what seems like years for a marriage proposal. I've showed him the ring style I like. He knows what I want. If he were to propose and the ring would be totally different than the ones I've picked out previously I might be upset too. I wouldn't throw a fit but I would be wondering why he got me something so different than what I wanted. I mean you DO have to wear it all the time! You want to be in love with your ring. I know for most of us though, it's not the ring it's the person who gives us the ring that makes us happy. I can see this being a huge issue if the ring she hinted for was something really expensive and out of his price range though. That is possible. I don't agree with your girlfriend OP, just my two cents on the matter so no hate please!

Goblin182 26

Just becasue you want it doesn't mean he can afford it.

Just because something is a different style doesn't mean it's more expensive. Example: I want a trilogy ring. Most of the ones I looked at are under 1K. There were much uglier rings for much more. You can always find a cheaper version of a style. TBH; I'd prefer a $20 ring in my style than a $2000 ring which I hated.

wannabesinger 16

You know, I know someone else who broke off her engagement and was really pissed that her boyfriend didn't make a speech when he proposed to her, and that it was the wrong ring. I promise you we aren't all materialistic bitches.

DewIchigo 17

Well now you have a chance to run. At least that's what I'd do ...