By Annebelle - 14/05/2009 18:09 - United States

Today, I ordered a graduation cake from a woman at the grocery store. She asked me what I wanted the cake to say and I said "Congratulations Annie". Then she asked me who was ordering and I said "Annie". I had to order my own cake. The woman was silent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 963
You deserved it 6 737

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aw, you had to order your own graduation cake? That really sucks :( But as long as it tasted good, that's all that matters, right? :P You could've said it was for a friend with the same name to shut her up, though it doesn't really matter what she thinks. Congrats on graduating anyway :)

Comments

alyssamarie218 0

whats wrong with that? i was with my mom when we ordered mine, that was i could order what i wanted.

#60, your a ******* loser. FYL indeed. :) Have a good day asshole!

This is stupid, hardly an Fml unless you were somewhat allergic to the cake and died.

After my graduation, I bought my parents some food at a breakfast joint. Then they went back to New York and I continued to pack for my move the next day. IT WAS THE BEGINNING OF THE END. YDI. I agree with #67. What sort of point are you making #60? Why would the person receiving business be upset? That makes no sense.

Awwh; Congratulations though. At least you're going to like your cake.

I buy my own cakes all the time. What big of deal is it? Seriously.

it's not that big a deal. sure the woman was a bitch for acting like she'd NEVER had anyone order their own cake before, but the OP seems to stress that it sucks to order your own cake. get over it.

At least you didn't have to bake it yourself.

Or it could just be that there was nothing else to say. Who are you? Who is this cake for? It's not like they were having a conversation and then she stopped talking. She was asking about the purchase and then she had all the information that she needed. End of story. The FML here seems to be predicated on a person who may or may not have felt awkward about the OP's situation. How can anyone be SO upset about a complete stranger who didn't even do anything?