By mini matthylde - 19/11/2015 09:57 - France - Nantes

Today, I'm 4ft9 "tall" and I always have trouble reaching things that are high up. It's my birthday, and I got three footstools as gifts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 515
You deserved it 52

Top comments

If it's any consolation I'm 6ft 3 and have to crouch in the shower if I want to wash my hair. Short isn't so bad.

Comments

Don't feel bad about your shortcomings, I'm not that tall either!

iBeei 7

Same. I'm 4ft9 too and .. People need to reach the high things for me.

I'm 4'9" as well. I got a booster seat 8 years ago for my 16th birthday from my mom. I know how you feel.

Mate, I'm 5'6" and can't reach anything either, and to top it off I'm a man with baby hands and can't operate any "man tools" like tin snips or pop riviters with one hand. I look like I'm special needs. You try finding gloves that fit.. I rocked up on a building site with workgloves covered in little purple flowers because I could only get little Girls gloves.. I got called Mary for 3 months...

One for each room if you have multiple rooms. :)

I feel your pain, Op. I'm 5'2" tall. And my husband is 6'6". I understand the problem from both sides. It's possible they were making fun of you. But, frankly, I think it's more likely they thought they were being helpful. To those who commented who are tall, being relatively short is one thing. You can still reach things. But, if Op lives alone, it is very frustrating to ALWAYS have to climb on things to get items from shelves.

I'm 5'2" too... And terrified of heights, so I need to ask taller people to reach in high places for me. Even getting onto a chair to stand frightens me.

You're not alone OP... It's not a very creative gift but it gets the job done...

Footstools are good but someone should have gotten you a ladder. It is so much better if you need to reach high shelves. The footstools only help with the counters.

at least theyre considerate, happy birthday!

Think on the bright side, you're now 3 foot stools taller! :D