By what434 - 08/03/2010 13:19 - United States

Today, I learned that you don't put your diamond earrings on over your bathroom sink. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 286
You deserved it 44 535

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Gobsnoglin 0

Or if you do put them on over the sink, put the stopper in the sink first!

Well I hope it impales a goldfish in a gutter somewhere so at least someone can look fierce in them.

Comments

MrsUchiha 0

This is kind of a "durrrr" moment. Fyl but Ydi.

i put mine on in bed. now one is embedded in my carpet and I can't find it. it's been a year :(

(opens fortune cookie) "Today is a day of rewards and triumph. You will meet someone who will change your life and bring out the best parts of you" ... in bed.

perdix 29

Stupid people should only allowed to be around cubic zirconia. You, my dear, should be given bits of broken glass to play with.

Duhhh, but I have to admit I've done that too :P. I said YDI, b/c we have to be held accountable for our actions ><.

ohsnapp823 0

OMG! THAT EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!! Did you get them back? I did.

ahhhh I'm so sorry! my best friend did that once but luckily the plumber was able to get it out. I hope all is well!

...It isn't like it's difficult to get the earring back. Just unscrew the S-Bend pipe under your sink. It's pretty much designed because this sort of stuff happens. You'll most likely have to clean the earring(s) but you'll have 'em back. I just had to rescue something from the sink recently. Make sure you have a bucket under the pipe when you unscrew it, and make sure you test that you've tightened it enough when you screw it back on because if you don't water will leak from the place where you screw it on.

I'm curious since you said "rescue something from the sink" what was it? c'mon say it was your.....gf's pink dolphin!

Of all things, it was a hair clip I really like! Recently the little stopper thing in my sink rusted clean through (super old sink) and I can't use the stopper. So between getting a mesh-net-trap to put in the hole and the rusting through, this happened. Learned something about plumbing!