By what434 - 08/03/2010 13:19 - United States

Today, I learned that you don't put your diamond earrings on over your bathroom sink. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 286
You deserved it 44 535

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Gobsnoglin 0

Or if you do put them on over the sink, put the stopper in the sink first!

Well I hope it impales a goldfish in a gutter somewhere so at least someone can look fierce in them.

Comments

@42 hahaha. I admit my stupid error and concur.

Then get it out of the trap, this method is also known as physics... what are you whining about? o_O

I think OP kinda knew that this was gonna get 11000 YDI's.

ydi wow you fail harder then any blonde no offense to you blondes out there btw what made you think it was a good idea to do that

That sucks, but it's actually not that hard to get the earring back. You can either turn off the water yourself and pull apart the plumbing under the sink (most bathroom sinks have cupboards underneath where you can access the piping) and it's almost a sure bet the earring will be sitting in the bottom of the U-bend. Otherwise if you don't trust yourself to do it, get a plumber.

yottskry 0

@142. Why would you need to turn the water off to open the U-Bend/trap? Just turn the tap off, put a bowl under to catch anything left in the trap and unscrew it! I have no idea why the OP is making such a big deal of this anyway!

Mostly a precaution in case you live with retards that would wash their hands while someone has their head under the sink... based on the OP's judgement, I'd say it's likely the case for her.

This takes about fifteen seconds to fix. Most traps these days don't even need tools to undo them, you can just unscrew them by hand.

Here's more proof that "common sense" really isn't all that common.

Today, I learned to open the door before entering a house.... Just as obvious.

get a plumber to take the sink trap off. it'll still be in there, no worries' xx

A plumber just to take the trap off? Would you call a mechanic to install child seats in your car, too?