By Ralph - 04/04/2012 03:02 - United States - Candler

Today, I learned that my roommate doesn't actually know a damn thing about cooking. I'm suffering the effects of him telling me that chicken is best eaten medium-rare. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 234
You deserved it 13 317

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you know, a temp of 165 or higher is best for poultry... Oh and cook for your self he isn't your mother.

I bet they also tell you that it's okay to eat mushrooms from your backyard.

Comments

It is if you killed it like right before cooking it

He probably has an old wooden cutting board he uses for meat, poultry and vegetables, and won't wash it for fear of losing the "seasoning."

Cynical_in_SK 6

Salmonella isn't a condition...it's the name of the bacteria that's present in poultry.

Cynical_in_SK 6

You must not be such a great cook yourself if you couldn't tell that the chicken was that undercooked before you started eating it. At the very least you should have noticed as soon as you started eating it.

taniamw 9

I'm amazed you had no idea :/

If you're old enough to have a roommate you are old enough to know how to cook chicken. If I were your roommate I would've told you how to cook it wrong just to screw with you. Although, I wouldn't of actually let you eat it because of the whole possibly getting sick and dying thing.

leahmae88 7

I have to say that you deserved this. It's easy to tell when chicken isn't cooked thoroughly...all you have to do is look at it.

Sometimes roommates cook and share with each other. Nothing childish about that. How could you not know you do not eat bleeding chicken?

I'm pretty sure if you knew anything about the kitchen, you wouldn't have eaten that...

I would have thought that at some point your mother or father would have highlighted that chicken should be cooked all the way through. URGH that must have been horrible.