By Ralph - 04/04/2012 03:02 - United States - Candler

Today, I learned that my roommate doesn't actually know a damn thing about cooking. I'm suffering the effects of him telling me that chicken is best eaten medium-rare. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 234
You deserved it 13 317

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you know, a temp of 165 or higher is best for poultry... Oh and cook for your self he isn't your mother.

I bet they also tell you that it's okay to eat mushrooms from your backyard.

Comments

If you want clogged arteries and be morbidly obese by age 30

I forgot, that if you eat fried chicken it is your destiny to be morbidly obese at age 30.

He shouldn't have acted so cocky, his cooking is far from eggcellent. But seriously, let's talk turkey. The two of you need to learn temperature foods need to be before you can gobble them up. Don't be chicken and take a cooking class.

DCFan 9

You should have stopped after the first sentence.

I hope he doesn't work as a cook, because he could get fried.

Why did this get thumbed down so much? I genuinely enjoy reading a paragraph of bad puns once in a while.

Hey, you didn't know either, can't be entirely his fault.

Angelrose2004 17

Maybe he's just saying that so you don't expect him to cook for you. Worked for me growing up :)

Raw chicken tastes terrible. Don't know why he would say that's how it's served best ._.

Why would you even want to try raw chicken to see how it tastes? Chicken will eat poop sometimes.

Just about all animals end up eating shit.

YDI for believing him. You can't blame him if he really didn't know and you didn't know either. And if you did know, you would immediately be able to tell by the texture of the chicken and have spat it out. If you did, there would have been no real consequences to deal with, assuming "side effects" meant you got sick from it...

omarzrgz 3

I imagined Ralph Wiggum in this situation while reading this- the 'voice' in my head was his. The username matches too. Otherwise, what's that about?! Let's be real, Ralph. Eating half- cooked chicken is pretty much your own damn fault once it's in your mouth and you're chewing it!

Ah come on, everyone knows chicken has to be totally cooked...you obviously know nothing about cooking either ya silly thing! Hope you feel better though.

And this is the point in the relationship where you get your roommate to agree to only cook steaks and for you to cook all other meats, because you know exactly how "medium rare" you want to have them cooked. Good luck OP