By Anonymous - 15/10/2012 10:28 - United States - Richmond

Today, I learned from my daughter's teacher that she has been wearing the same shirt for the past few weeks, ever since we had a fight about how I don't pay attention to her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 486
You deserved it 63 291

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sandinthewaves 5
ElhonnaDS 10

Well she proved her point- you clearly aren't paying attention.

Comments

ellytoad 13

Kids are often right about things when they're the ones being affected. Subtleties get noticed very well!

ellytoad 13
sorrowsangel89 1

Smart kid, proving her point like that. Believe me, it's not fun to have your teacher notice you more than your own parents.

I think if your kid argues with you about you ignoring her you clearly need to spend more time together. I don't care if you think you spend time with her already, she obviously doesn't feel that way, and that needs to be fixed. You should feel lucky she wants to spend time with you at all.

I just want to point out one small flaw in that statement (I know this clearly doesn't apply with the OP but..) , I have met some kid's who's parents spend every waking minute with them, playing with them, listening to them, all that crud, and as soon as mom or dad wants do something for themselves, start screaming about how mom and dad never pay attention to them. Sometimes it is just dramatics.

Well said #28 It really shouldn't have even been an argument... your daughter obviously wants for you to spend more time with her. I know if you're a single parenting working that that time can be really hard to make, but she's obviously feeling like she's under your notice... which she then proved. Try for the both of you to reconnect with your daughter, and you might see what you've been missing out on. Good luck OP.

You probably have these fights because you don't bother to spend time with her or have a good relationship.

The dead animal smell is from the 14 cats in the garbage can. Sorry guys, I'll go take out the trash…

patacus 14

so... im guessing she won that argument?

Knowing OP failed to notice something like this, s/he probably denied it and didn't admit that s/he was wrong and wouldn't surprise me if s/he punished the daughter.

Whoops, sucks when the kids are right, doesn't it.... Now you have to say you're sorry, tell her she's right and try to live this down. Good luck.

Epikouros 31

Luckily, since you live in the US, there's a public register of people in your neighborhood who love to pay attention to neglected children.