How not to raise 'em right

By cammy - 08/05/2021 05:59

Today, I learned that my 13 year-old daughter has been wearing the same pad for a week “because there’s no blood on it.” When I told her that it's still disgusting, she tried to defend herself be saying that, "no one ever told her how long she could wear it." FML
I agree, your life sucks 356
You deserved it 2 817

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mccuish 25

She does have a point since you never told her how to wear them

slkeithh 14

how is this a FML for you and not a FML for your innocent 13 year old daughter? I hope she inspires you to be a better parent. and fast.

Comments

mccuish 25

She does have a point since you never told her how to wear them

Have the talk with her, for crying out loud! Don't wait for her school to do it for you.

slkeithh 14

how is this a FML for you and not a FML for your innocent 13 year old daughter? I hope she inspires you to be a better parent. and fast.

this is a parenting failure on your part. it is YOUR responsibility to teach your daughter the birds and bees. she should be learning from you, not the school, her friends or the internet.

rotflqtms_ 21

If you don't teach your daughter proper hygiene and things related to her reproductive system, where do you expect her to learn it? You can't possibly expect her school to teach her everything. Teach your daughter. Teach her and she'll know. Children don't just grow up knowing everything. They need to learn this information from SOMEWHERE. Make that somewhere be you so it can be as accurate as possible. Don't leave her to try and research this stuff on her own or to learn from peers or you'll have bigger issues than her thinking she can wear her pad for weeks at a time. If you want your child to know something, teach her. Don't just expect her to know.

But... the pad box says how long you can use them. That’s how I learned (my mom thought buying me one book would be all the education I needed on it, so I had to figure a lot of stuff out by myself).

it's no one's responsibility to teach your child this type of stuff, except you...how could you not? Make better choices. Educate your child.

You're her mom...how could you fail your child like this and then make it seem like you're the one that has a shitty life? You deserve it, grow up, do a better job raising your kid.

So, you're surprised that your daughter doesn't know how to handle issues concerning her menstrual cycle - even though you've never had any sort of discussion with her regarding her menstrual cycle? The **** did you expect to happen, genius?

bobsanction 18

She's 13. 13 year olds are morons.