By Anonymous - 15/10/2012 10:28 - United States - Richmond

Today, I learned from my daughter's teacher that she has been wearing the same shirt for the past few weeks, ever since we had a fight about how I don't pay attention to her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 486
You deserved it 63 290

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sandinthewaves 5
ElhonnaDS 10

Well she proved her point- you clearly aren't paying attention.

Comments

Obviously you're not paying attention to her or you'd have noticed. Hopefully she's been washing it at least..

That's sad for her :( I know life can get busy but pay attention to your baby. You'll wish you did once she's gone. Set aside a day a week to catch up on how she is and what is going on in her life or she's gonna start doing other things to get your attention.

amandajlucas2015 2

A day a week? Really? If a parent has no more time for their children than that then they should not have them.. When u come home from work and when u wake up in the morning there is no reason u should not be paying attention to them. Every single day!

I think Jennielee was suggesting, quite reasonably, that OP set aside a day for catching up and giving undivided attention to the daughter. Obviously every day you should pay enough attention to your child daily to make sure she is eating, sleeping, attending school, etc. but it's fine to save the gossip and such for one special day when you're not tired, distracted, or rushed.

That's exactly what I meant 154. I didn't mean ignore your child everyday and give them attention only once a week. Parents should be making sure their children's needs are met every day. This parent obviously didn't even look at their child as they left for school. I know what my son is eating and what he's wearing. My point was that this parent needs to hear her daughter and set aside extra time with her that is undivided. This poor child obviously feels neglected and time for just her would make her feel special and give the parent the opportunity to learn the things going on in her kids life. If they need more than a day a week the parent will learn that during their talks. I didn't mean for the child to be ignored all the other days of the week.......

perdix 29

Daughter - 1 OP - 0 Quit being such a self-centered egotistical bitch and put some effort into being a mom, or you'll lose more arguments in the future.

Just goes to show the likes of infamous commenters such as perdix aren't immortal and untouchable after all ;)

He basically said what I did right under him, just in a...perdix sort of way.

Poor perdix! Plus he won't be allowed to go to the homecoming dance either (ee).

O_o Perdix's comment got moderated? What'd it say?

The fact that you learned it from your daughter's teacher proves your daughter's point. You completely deserve it. Pay some ******* attention to your child, or next time you'll be learning from the police that she ran away or got kidnapped.

Yeah only after the kid has been missing for 2 weeks. Most likely this kid will end up pregnant and on drugs because their douche of a parent doesn't pay a lick of attention to them.

mintcar 9

That is really sad. How does something like that go unnoticed? Not only does your kid feel this way, but her own teacher has noticed as well. Pretty pathetic and embarrassing.

olpally 32

Great parenting... Sheesh... Are you that busy you don't recognize that your daughter has worn the same shirt for weeks??? Coming here for sympathy is another mistake... Ydi completely... Pay better attention to your daughter!

challan 19

mother of the year award right here!

mowmowlife 21

He way proved his daughter's point

BubbleGrunge 18

Poor kid, not only are you neglecting her, I wonder what kinda hell the kids at school are giving her?

the_enigma1019 1

Incredible, not only were you ignoring your daughter, but you didn't even take away from the argument enough sense to actually pay attention to her.

Shame on you! Instead of complaining, you should be trying to fix the situation. You're getting ZERO sympathy from me. I feel for your daughter, not you. I'm glad that's all she did for attention.