By Username - 06/06/2011 03:29 - United States

Today, I just bought a car with all of my own money. Then, when I brought it home my dad informed me that my mom will be driving it to work every day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 699
You deserved it 4 107

Same thing different taste

Top comments

redmnky21 8

you tell your dad no she wont... its your car u bought it with ur money... unless she's going to make the insurance payments on it for u and full cover it so if she wrecks it she replaces it

Midnite_2raw 5

If you want to get even report it stolen.

Comments

kkins 0

that's not fair tell her to buy her own car!

atomicbaboon 0

if your parents are paying for the insurance, then I don't know what to tell you OP. but I you are, congrats and way to go. still not sure what you can do though considering (I'm assuming) you live in their house.

raiderh808 0

Stipulate in the policy that anyone else driving the car is uninsured and then wait for the mom to get a speeding ticket! Then she gets busted for driving without insurance and his dad is paying bail lol.

birds_fml 7

You don't get arrested for driving without insurance. You get a ticket, and then have to pay a fine. At no point in time has anyone ever been arrested for driving a car that didn't have their name on the policy. Should that person crash the car, minimum coverage will STILL cover the damage to the other person's car. Full coverage will also cover the damage to the OPs car, unless the insurance company can SUCCESSFULLY prove that the mother was a regular driver and should've been listed on the policy. My husband's car was hit by an uninsured driver. By this I mean she didn't have any coverage on her car at all. She has not been arrested... even though she caused the accident... and she never will be. She will merely be sued by our insurance company for the cost of the damages. Should she not be able to pay, she STILL will not go to jail. But then, I wouldn't expect a non-adult to have any idea of how the law or insurance policies work.

You're just a pushover if you allow this to happen. Don't let her use it.

melibear89 7

if you bought that car with your own money and are paying the insurance on it then tell her to drive her own car. or charge her rent of the car. how ever much you owe on it. if you owe 500 charge her 500 a month.

imneverhigh8p 0

ummm he informed you?? wow! that d*** should have at least asked

dropthesun 0

tell them to go **** off or u can tell them to pay gas money