By Username - 06/06/2011 03:29 - United States

Today, I just bought a car with all of my own money. Then, when I brought it home my dad informed me that my mom will be driving it to work every day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 699
You deserved it 4 107

Same thing different taste

Top comments

redmnky21 8

you tell your dad no she wont... its your car u bought it with ur money... unless she's going to make the insurance payments on it for u and full cover it so if she wrecks it she replaces it

Midnite_2raw 5

If you want to get even report it stolen.

Comments

you totally deserved that one for being a little bitch. I bet you stood there like an idiot and said, "well ok dad." Grow a pair dude. you bought it yourself, take charge. especially if you are old enough to buy a car, you must be old enough to stand your ground to dad.

My parents were exactly like this and in fact, I also bought a car with my own money, including gas, maintenance and insurance, that they expected to confiscate for their own personal use. I purchased the car right before leaving for college so they did not have an opportunity to steal my car until I came home for Christmas, when we had a tug-of-war over my car including my mom ripping me a new asshole because I didn't fill the tank for her (huh? Didn't know she planned to drive it). Their rationale: despite the fact that I was 18 and paid for the car myself I was still a child, children cannot own anything and they could take whatever they wanted from me since I was actually their chattel. My mother had been doing this for years; I once scrimped and saved to buy myself some decent bras. Got to wear them once before they disappeared. She claimed I gave them to her. When I argued she told me to shove it up my ass, they were hers now and if she caught me wearing them she would tell my father to beat the shit out of me (he gave me a couple of concussions when I was a kid so this was a real threat). I had to dig my ancient, yellowed clunkers out of a dumpster or go braless, so I was out the money and the bras. I was 16 and in high school at the time and not only did my mother not spring for decent underwear for me, she stole it when I did it myself. Their rationale only worked one way; I was their child but they did not have to provide for me. If I provided for myself, they could take it and it was not stealing because I was their property. But I digress. After the car incident (along with some other crap that went on) I never went home again. I lived in the dorms in college but pledged a sorority for the sole purpose of having a sorority house to live in when the campus shut down. Semester would end, I'd move into the house. Semester started, moved back to the dorm. It was worth all the schlepping to keep all of my own belongings and not be tortured anymore. The best thing to do with parents like this is get as far away as possible as quickly as possible or you will spend the rest of your life subsidizing them.

Yeah.. this is what child protection services (is that right?) is for. Your parents are supposed to look after you! Part of caring for a child is putting clothes on their back. If your parents didn't have a lot of money I could understand you not having the best stuff etc but taking away stuff you bought yourself is just wrong! Where I live it's illegal to even smack your child let alone beat them!

I don't know if you realise this or not, but that sounds like child abuse more than parenting... Not buying you underwear, giving you concussions, refusing to buy even the basics that you need. Definatly child abuse.

Yes 168, 197 and 272, I realize it was child abuse. I'm 50 now so there really isn't much I can do about it and at the time, children were not as informed of their rights as they are now. Even if I had spoken up I wouldn't have stood a chance. My parents were real good at faking out everyone around them and they did not abuse my brother, only me, so absolutely no one would have believed me. I would have come off as an attention-seeking drama queen who injured herself or was just a spaz who kept falling down and pretending she got her head beat in by the "Parents of the Year." To this day everyone in our extended family and our old neighbors think my parents are wonderful and that there's something wrong with me, probably because my parents put the bug in their ears about my 'psychiatric issues' to disguise the fact that my real problem was actually them. I have not seen any of those people in years because I was sick of getting the 'she's a psycho' look from them. The last time I was among their company, a neighbor's daughter turned to her husband and said, "she's the whack job I was telling you about." I had to tolerate that comment from someone who did not graduate from high school, joined a crackpot cult, works the graveyard shift at a mini-mart and is a hoarder so her house is a mess. I am a graduate of Princeton, have a great job, a nice husband and keep a nice house but she is considered the normal, succesful one and I am the crazy woman who is one brick short of a full load and everyone is pointing at me and whispering about me. The saddest part is the crappy lies that are spread about me are all started by my PARENTS. My mother was actually abused by her mother and, like many victims of abuse, became an abuser herself. One of her big lines, screamed at me as she slapped me or pulled my hair or shoved me, was "IT'S MY TURN! DO YOU GET IT? IT'S MY TURN!" which of course I came to realize meant that it was her turn to be the abuser and someday it would be my 'turn' to beat up on and enslave my own daughter. I did no such thing. I broke the pattern of abuse but as you can see I am still imacted by it and every time I read about parents bullying their child I have so much empathy. It would be a much, much better world if everyone loved their own children best and put their best interests first. I was a good kid. I got good grades, I never got into trouble, I kept my mouth shut, I was polite and nice, I did my chores without complaint, I got a full scholarship to a wonderful school, got a great job, married a nice guy, live in a nice home. But my parents never liked me as a kid and still don't think much of me now. My druggie brother, who cost them a fortune in education and is 49 with his own family and STILL sponging, they adore. Go figure.

kid if your name is on the title, tell him straight up no she's not.

Xx_Dakota_xX 1

bitch slap the hoe and say "No bad, my car!"

You bought the car, You don't have to let anyone drive it

brandybaby1204 0

tell him it's your car, because u bought it with ur own money, and that your mom won't be driving it because u paid for it. and u can always just take ur keys u know.

Ever_16 8

Stand up for yourself, god dammit! Tell your dad that he doesn't decide what to do with the things you bought. And if he doesn't like it then tell him to suck it!

some_girl9 8

If you bought it with your money and it's in your name, you just tell them no. And if she takes it anyway, call the cops, because that's your property that she just stole. For God's sake, stand up for yourself!

structuredchaoz 4

Yep. Keep in mind whos keeping the roof over your head. Your car might be your room soon