By Username - 06/06/2011 03:29 - United States

Today, I just bought a car with all of my own money. Then, when I brought it home my dad informed me that my mom will be driving it to work every day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 699
You deserved it 4 107

Same thing different taste

Top comments

redmnky21 8

you tell your dad no she wont... its your car u bought it with ur money... unless she's going to make the insurance payments on it for u and full cover it so if she wrecks it she replaces it

Midnite_2raw 5

If you want to get even report it stolen.

Comments

Tell him that she can use the car. But she has to buy it from OP first.

man up and tell your dad where to go. lol geez

I would sell back my car to get my money back at least

rynodude 0

add spinners, spoiler, crazy paint job, then make it too embarrassing for her to drive. though it might have the same effect on you, you'll still have a car. or just put on some really bad bumper stickers lol

Paint 2 lesbians having sex on the bonnet!

ungrateful children today ! what if she bought one & you used it ! then that would not be an FML ! uhhhh Today's Generation :/

Shadow_Phantom 26

...You're an idiot. Of course it wouldn't be an FML; the OP isn't the one getting screwed, and I doubt the OP would do that knowing that what their mother currently is doing is WRONG.

#18 , little kid ! I'm talking about ur shi**y generation !

Little kid? She's 3 years younger than you! I'm older than you and I think you're wrong! Yes some kids are spoiled brats these days but that's how the parents have made them. OP's mum must have been getting to work somehow before so why does she suddenly need the car her child worked hard to buy? It's one thing to ASK to borrow something but you can't just demand something that isn't yours!

djxtones 0

Um.. You are stupid. Parents have the right to tell their kids "no" when their children ask if they can borrow the car. These parents are abusing their power to basically confiscate their kid's car on a daily basis when the only thing the kid has done wrong is worked hard to gain a little independence only to have it stolen from them. OP is not being ungrateful you self-centered, judgmental, ignorant b****.

How many time do you think a kids says 'Can I borrow the car?' and the parent says 'No, buy your own damn car!' I bet that happened to OP at least once..

203 u seem like a ****, so ur out this discussion :@ I still say that op is ungrateful

aw.. I missed your reply, it already got moderated :( Oh well, would only make me want to rip you a new one anyway..

228 I wasn't even replying you ' my comment was 4 for the h*mo boy !

Wealthyparrot 9

I'm offensive and I find this amusing. By the way, you're all wrong, clearly the car is to blame. If it weren't such a sexy beast, people wouldn't fight over it.

I know how you feel..my parents bought a car for me and my sis about 2 months ago, and because my moms car Is "broken down" she uses mine, and we can't use it withought her permission and I'm the one that pays it monthly...

djxtones 0

That is so wrong. Your parents should either take over the payments for the time they use it, or you should sell it since you don't get to use it anymore.

If your parents bought the car why are you paying for it monthly? Or do you mean insurance and stuff?

stangsgirl 0

well think about how much your mom gave up for you your whole life... sorry but you have to be pretty shallow if your getting mad over letting your mom use your car!

His dad isn't giving him the choice to 'let' her use the car. The dad is demanding use of the car. Sorry but you don't have kids if you're not prepared to make sacrifices and you don't then expect they'll owe you for it. None of us asked to be born!

djxtones 0

boo fricken hoo. His mom can carpool or take the bus. If the intention of the mother was to take her kids car to work every day leaving him with a car payment and no way to use it all day, they should have told him that before he bought it. he could have used the money for a down payment on a foreclosure instead and moved out. Kids are meant to be taken care of, not used. Yeah he should help out once in a while, but this is just wrong to be demanded of like this over the argument that the parent is entitled because of everything they have sacrificed thus far. Do you know how heavy that weighs on someones mind psychologically? My dad had to quit his job when my mom died. He told me almost every day. It's like telling a child that if it wasn't for them, the parent would still be doing what they really wanted to do. it is morally wrong for parents to feel their kids owe them because they brought them into this world. I do not support your opinion that OP should be required to comply.

wtf ever are you kidding me he didn't have the option of being here sorry but there is adoption or abortion had she not wanted the responsibility of a child keep your damn legs closed we as parents choose to have children and they are our financial responsibility until adult hood and even after that sometimes his/her parents are childish and rather than rewarding their child for such responsibility they are essentially stealing something this kid busted their behind 4, Shame on anyone who thinks they need to be paid back for them doing their JOB!!!! he/she turned out rather well in my opinion why is this not enough?

Wealthyparrot 9

They aren't asking to use the car. They are taking it. What use does one have for a car outside of work hours? Yea, once in a while you can go to the movies or something. But guess ******* what? They could have done that 12 different exponentially cheaper ways. Plus, the parents didn't pitch in on the payment or alert the kid ahead of time. I'd put a ******* car bomb in it.

sounds like my best friend's mom... that's kinda sucky, but you're helping your family out at least

no it's not helping out it's being ordered to do something how was mom getting to work b4 this car was purchased? she can use the same mode of transportation she used before this car was purchased shame on them and children don't owe their parents a penny back it's their responsibility to financially support their child until adulthood, responsibilities are not favors or IOU's take the car get an alarm, hide your keys on your body and report it stolen if they take it enough said!!