By Anonymous - 17/10/2012 02:48 - United States

Today, I got married. I received a beautifully wrapped gift from my dad. I was full of excitement until I opened it and found two taxidermied rabbits. The ones I had when I was in the fifth grade. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 000
You deserved it 2 003

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well that was very thoughtful of him! Does he hate you?

Comments

SApprentice 34

He was probably trying to be nice. A lot of people are horrified by the concept, but many people do practice it. He would have had to have taken them to be done years ago, but waited until now to give them to you, thinking maybe that you would be able to appreciate it at this point. Obviously he didn't go about this in the best way, but it seems like he was trying to be a sentimental dad. It's not a psychotic thing to do, it's just not very socially accepted. I am assuming however that your rabbits died natural deaths, and that your father did not kill them. I have known people that have done that to their child's pet rabbit.

KM96 24

That is officially sick, to the core!!

karen1991 15

Did he forgot to take his meds?

catanita 18

Not a nice gift for a wedding... but think a little. He kept the rabbits since you were in fifth grade. This must mean something to you, no? Maybe this is the way he expreses his love to you.

Well good for you he was thinking of you. And if you can't be sure they are them then thank him like you should. Also at least you had your father there with you. So be glad you still have him around to share some memories with

perdix 29

I'm sure when you said "Rabbit, rabbit" at the beginning of each month, you didn't know it eventually would come true literally. Didja?

misterbufford 1

Was camouflage involved anywhere in this wedding and/or a deer stand? If so, the gift is perfectly normal.

This is a hare-raising situation. But don't lapine over your dead pets...give them a proper burial.

noisebox 1

I guess he wants you guys to f- - -k like rabbits..,