By Kate - 05/04/2019 22:00 - United States - Exton

Today, my dog showed me her latest kill. Too bad it was the stuffed animals my dead grandmother had given me as a child that had a lot of sentimental value to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 175
You deserved it 409

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why did you not have them where the dog could not get them. Dogs chew things, it is what they do. I have a stuffed animal since before I can remember, and I have had four dogs and one cat, I keep Little Foot where he can not be touched, if they meant that much to you, why not move them out of the dogs reach?

See if you can find out about the best sewing person around you & have them redo it/stitch it back together. Some even enjoy having their stuffed animal to have patches for boo boos just like we all Get in life.

Comments

See if you can find out about the best sewing person around you & have them redo it/stitch it back together. Some even enjoy having their stuffed animal to have patches for boo boos just like we all Get in life.

What? What kind of sick **** gets off on stuffed animals with scars and stitches?!?!?

I have a stuffed animal that had a few holes from wear and tear. When I first learned to sew, I patched her up myself (and accidentally with glow in the dark thread lol). That has more sentimental value to me than the ones that were kept in pristine condition.

Kids that have cancer & need procedures done is an example of this. They have their stuffed animals with the same so it isn’t so scary or embarrassing to them. I.e. IV’s, nasal & stomach tubes, casts, slings, etc...

Sonotsuave 35

I’m so sorry. I hope they’re not torn apart beyond repair. If so, maybe there’s a way you can save the remains and stitch something together? Or preserve them and hold on to the sentimental value they bear

I hope they didn’t suffer too much when your dog killed them!

Why did you not have them where the dog could not get them. Dogs chew things, it is what they do. I have a stuffed animal since before I can remember, and I have had four dogs and one cat, I keep Little Foot where he can not be touched, if they meant that much to you, why not move them out of the dogs reach?

Depending on how bad it is, I’d recommend looking for a stuffed animal hospital. Some of them do really good work, and they get a lot of animals hurt by dogs.

The general rule is: Anything you have of value, is something you should protect. If you really loved those stuffed animals, you should have put them in a place where they would not likely be damaged. You don't leave stuffed animals where your pets can get to them, you don't leave money in places people can easily take it, and you don't leave children unattended in public places. You can't usually predict or keep things safe from every scenario, but if you do the basics, most of the time your precious things will be okay.

tounces7 27

If you've read enough FMLs by now, you'd know that having a dog and anything at all of value in your house is just a bad idea, period. Dogs destroy anything they can touch.

bidet 8

To be fair, Grandma really shouldn't have put a squeaker inside that doll all those years ago.

if it held so much sentimental value, why weren't they protected more? displayed somewhere the dog/cat/babies can't get to? or were they on your bed/wherever? because then YDI