By troubled - 02/01/2010 20:27 - France

Today, I got l disconnect notices for both my water and my electric. After looking over my budget, I realized that I can only pay for one until next month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 149
You deserved it 7 348

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Keep the water. If you don't have electric, you won't be able to write anymore inane FML's like this one and the world will be a better place.

thyestes 0

Don't know about France but in England they can't cut your water because it's essential for life so I'd pay the electricity but obviously it may be different there.

Comments

I agree with RN_piscescancer, I think you should see if your electric/water companies are willing to compromise by letting you pay half. Some are willing to compromise, some aren't, but it's worth a try. If you can't get them to compromise, definitely choose water. Water is a necessity, electricity isn't necessarily. If you really need to use a computer, you can use one at a friend's house or the library, but I wouldn't like to give up having bathroom privileges in my own home.

this. i can think of very few companies that would rather get no money than some money. and worst case scenario, water is more vital to everyday life than electricity.

itsgen 16

woah thats hard onee hopefully your smart too choose the right onee water or electricity= heat

ohheykiwi 2

I agree. Pay the electric bill, you can buy water from the store. Or pay the water bill, but stay away from the house as much as you can, since you'll be bored out of your mind. But then you'll have paid for the water for nothing.

Op will have no money to buy water if (s)he pays the electric bill..

Anyone who says pay the water bill is retarded. At my house at least, you need electricity to run the water. I had no power for 3 days, which meant I had no water for three days. Well, no running water.

Uh, most places have water independent of electricity...

..... since when does electricity do the same job as gravity O.o

not sure where you are from, never heard of that.

If the power is out you still have running water. The hot water tank, is another story. So you have running cold water at least.

altaira_fml 0

Not everyone has a hot water tank. We don't - we have a gas combi boiler.

igroomdogs 0

unless you're on a well...then you need the electric to run the pump...

boatkicker 4

But if you are on a well, then you dont have to pay the water bill because its your own well.... unless there is some sort of well company in some places but that seems ridiculous to me.

18 lives off a well which has an electric pump. Some wells hame a manual tap, but most new wells don't. Op has a water bill so he lives in a city where the city automaticly pumps the water, regardless of theelectricty bills payment. and if he dosn't have enough money in his budget to pay both bills, then how would he pay for a months supply of water, in fact if op cant pay both bills then why does op have a budget???

I was just going to comment "Electricity." Then, I realised that if they completely cut off your water, you won't be able to flush the toilet... and before anyone says stuff about me not mentioning not being able to take showers, it's easy to organise taking a shower at a friend's house. Organising when you take a shit isn't.

duh...you need electric to run the water...so either way youre screwed...learn how to be responsible with your money

next time budget better and don't wait until your dumb ass gets a disconnect notice. Illlresponsible!!!!!

rairai897 0

why not call the companies and make arrangements? if not then im not sure, ur probably screwed if you cant

epoh_fml 0

I would pay half and half. most companies are willing to give you a break if you're usually on time with your bills. both are necessities. you need water to drink, shower, and flush your toilet. you need electricity to run your stove and heat (unless you have gas) and fridge.