By secret - 11/03/2010 05:18 - United States

Today, I found out the electric bill I have been paying was on my old house. I found this out when they shut off the power to my house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 862
You deserved it 20 285

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mandifer327 0

How did you not know that the bill was going for your old house? YDI :/

At least the people in your old house got free electricity.

Comments

mandifer327 0

How did you not know that the bill was going for your old house? YDI :/

Melkezidech 0

Today, we learned that the person paying the electric bill is a stupid ****.

iHyuMeng 0

save power... stop posting fml

Agreed with #1. Usually you have to let them know that you're moving so that they can turn on the power at your new place. On the bill, it should usually list the address of the residence it's for. To avoid this when I was paying my electricity online, I simply renamed each new place. I had electricity in my name at 5 different places in San Diego....when I tranferred to a new one, they always shut the power off at the last one. Im just very confused as to how this could happen.

OR... maybe OP actually called the utility company and notified them, but GASP! somebody there ****** up. It's possible.

I don't c how that's possible , actually I m pretty sure that's not possible ... FAKE^

invest in solar panels and sell your energy back to the grid.

dudeitsdanny 9

It is. The bill is sent to the person holding the account. When you move, you have to let the electric company know so they cancel the bill to the old address and bill you for the new one. OP probably changed the mailing address, but not the address that's billed. I've done it for my parents since I was 9. all 3 times we've moved since. It's not difficult at all. OP's just stupid for not knowing how to do things correctly.

At least the people in your old house got free electricity.

huray unexpected charity!! those people at your old house were like yay for the utility fairy!!!

That would piss me off so bad. Like really bad. See? ---> >:l

true. random acts of kindness. so random, you didn't even know you were doing it!

ydi don't you read it or change the bill to your address?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, that blows on sooo many levels. Definitely sucks to be you right now. Funny story though.

PLAY SPOTLIGHT! Always a silver lining

Anonnamus 0

Today, I had to pay my first electric bill. I had a discussion with my dog, and we both agreed that the ghost in the house provided us with our electricity, contrary to what my kid thought. The stress caused my skin to break out, and I was forced to buy acne cream. FML

I agree, Annonamus should be declared the winner of the recent FMLs. Full of win

lickmyjock 0

Number 11 has received +1 internets. This +1 internets is redeemable at any location and is worth 1 ******* from the female of your choice. Offer is only valid until April 1, 2010.

Anonnamus 0

#11 does not have a penis, therefore is requesting that her 1 internets be redeemed for an ice cream cone instead.

lickmyjock 0

as long as i get to watch, intently

YDI! How can you not think of changing your address whilst moving to a different place? Unfortunately you're not the only one, I know quite some people that still get mail from the previous tenants that lived there before.

hotpinkdiamond 0

I'm torn. FYL aaaaand YDI. Hmm... good luck with that dumb dumb:)

yourlifesfucked 0

it's possible the electric co. bills OP's bank account directly. if that's the case, FYL cuz the electric co. robbed yo ass =p kinda makes you wonder why the people in your old house didnt say anything about that, but then again there are assholes everywhere.

It's possible OP didn't get any bills to read, but then it still means he/she didn't contact the electricity company to tell them he/she was moving to a different house. You can't expect the electricity company to just *know* that.