By PictureLess - 10/01/2010 17:14 - United States

Today, I got home from a family trip to Disney World. I had taken nearly 300 photos of our trip on my new digital camera. As our car pulled into the driveway, I was using my camera to try to delete one unflattering shot of me. I accidentally deleted every picture off the memory card. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 836
You deserved it 38 193

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What?! Every digital camera I've used has a confirmation step, so that you would have had to hit 'yes' or something like it twice to avoid situations just like the one the OP had.

I would have cried. Honest. I love taking pictures and I would hate for the same thing to happen to me.

Comments

somepartsareme 0

@16 For someone so smart, you'd think they'd be able to tell a joke.

thecirclingskies 0

that's why you don't try and delete pictures until they're on your computer. you can't even see them properly on the crappy little screens anyway.

was going to click FYL, then saw OP was a woman...and from jersey...

i REAAAAAAAALY FEEL 4 U!!!!!!!!!! i had just had an amazing school trip to paris and had taken sum really good pictures and on the last day i deleted ALL of them by accident!!! :( if it's the same camera as i think it is... it is VERY easy 2 do!

Sorry, but you totally deserved it. I used to work at a photo finishing center while I was in college. I was broke as shit, and I hated everyone at school whose parents paid their way so that they could party every night. These girls would come into my job with these top-of-the-line $1,000+ digital cameras (I couldn't even afford disposables) hand them to me and say something like, "Um, can you show me how to take and delete a picture? Also, how do you work the flashy thing? And why can't I find them on my memory card" (hello, internal memory much)? As if because I'm qualified to work a drug store photo center I'm also a camera engineer or some sort of encyclopedia of digital photography. I have no sympathy for people who lack the ability to read a user manual and just take everything (like vacations to Florida) for granted. One of the first things we learn as school children is to "read the directions." Please don't befoul this website again by bitching about your inability to appreciate the fact that you can afford nice things and should therefore take the time to give them the respect they deserve.

the OP just made a mistake! it doesn't mean she's a spoilt dumbass who can't be bothered to read a manual - I've done this before because the delete photo button is right next to delete all, and it's easy to mix them up if your not fully concentrating, so give her a break!

yes she did something stupid, doesnt mean you can take all your bitterness out on her for something that other stupid girls did.

CollegeMiss 0

some one is grumpy ^^^^ she only made one mistake

They make software to recover photos. if you look hard enough you could find a free program. I was at a show last year and got caught with the camera and security made me delete all the pics. I recovered every single one.

GiRIsMakingCupca 0
xXAisuXx 0

Thats why I think cameras should have undo button...srry though sounds like it really sucks

hbgoddard 0