By PictureLess - 10/01/2010 17:14 - United States

Today, I got home from a family trip to Disney World. I had taken nearly 300 photos of our trip on my new digital camera. As our car pulled into the driveway, I was using my camera to try to delete one unflattering shot of me. I accidentally deleted every picture off the memory card. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 837
You deserved it 38 193

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What?! Every digital camera I've used has a confirmation step, so that you would have had to hit 'yes' or something like it twice to avoid situations just like the one the OP had.

I would have cried. Honest. I love taking pictures and I would hate for the same thing to happen to me.

Comments

It just u being a dumbass. Life sucks when ur dumb. Smart up bitch!!

sazamekusaka 5

Ouch, though you can get. Program on your computer to retrieve all the images you lost on your card, it just costs money I do so

afkwarrior 25

You deserve it for being so vain that you couldn't possibly wait til you got home to a computer to do that kind of thing.

I use a good ol' instant camera. :) Why do you need 300 photos? Take a picture of some of the rides, maybe some of yourself, there you go.

That's why you save them on a computer first

Im sure you can recover the lost photos

gatorgirl7563 22

Contact a memory recovery company. They can get the deleted pictures off the memory card, AS LONG AS YOU DON'T USE THE MEMORY CARD ANYMORE. Saving new pictures (or anything else) onto the memory card will overwrite the deleted pictures, new pictures taking the place that deleted picture occupied. Think of it like this: You accidentally splashed something nasty (wine, coffee, bleach) onto the canvas of the painting you've made. You can mail the messed up canvas to a restoration company, who can undo the damage (as much as is possible), but they can only get your old painting back as long as you don't re-use the canvas and paint over the messed up painting that you think is ruined.