By ineedanewjob - 09/04/2009 00:34 - United States

Today, I got all my co-workers motivated. We were all going to quit and walk out the door. I went first. I gave an emotional speech to my boss and threw my uniform to the ground. Then I turned around to to see the rest follow, they all began laughing. They didn't. They WANTED me to quit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 030
You deserved it 36 214

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Rule of thumb: Never be the first to 'walk out'. If you don't like your job, man up and tell your boss you're quitting instead of looking like an asshole and inconveniencing him.

Yep, maybe they were all nodding about hating their job and agreed because YOU ARE THE REASON they don't like coming to work.... You quit, they are happy.

Comments

Apparently you are not only incompetent at your job but at syntactically clear writing. "Then I turned around to see the rest of them follow, they all began laughing. They didn't..." While you are trying to say "they didnt follow me" as it is now you are telling us that they wanted you to leave because they didn't begin laughing. FAIL. Learn English.

Sportsfreak2034 0
crystalballzzz 0

ive worked with people that no one liked..we did all sorts of ****** up shit to them. and we didnt like them for a reason, so in order for them to do that to you, you must of been doing something wrong.

My friends tried to do this when they were working Mcdonalds. They never followed through with it. A few months later after all my friends stopped working at Mcdonalds a group of girls quit all at the same time while working. The management team was fired except for the one person everyone liked and that was the store manager. Seemed weird that he didn't get caught in the cross fire though.

My buddies tried something like this.

don't try to make unions. this is why the auto industry is ****** right now. because of people like you who try to rally for some stupid reason. ydi for being the first and not having the guts or brains to talk to your boss or supervisor before taking drastic measurments.

Lol..... Normally I sympathize with people on this website, but this one, I just can't resist.... I once got a girl fired because of her stupid decisions... She should've been more mature and thought about what was going on, instead of being "calling in sick" on Valentine's Day (i.e., going to a movie--and telling all of us about her plans a week ahead of time) and then wondering why she didn't have a job anymore. I can't help it if my boss asked me if I knew why she didn't come in for work. Ooops. My basic point is, if there is a problem, you should've taken appropriate steps to take care of the situation, instead of going all, "Take this job and shove it!" and storming out like a hormone-driven teenager. If an employee doesn't make the cut, then he/she can kick rocks. Should've put your two weeks in, babe. FYL. For future reference, never brag about how you're going to go out on a date and "miss work because you're sick or your car didn't start." That story NEVER gets old. :-)

That's why you always make your friend go first