By Anonymous - 04/07/2012 16:41 - United States - Aurora

Today, I got a raise at work. It will bring my hourly wage to about a cent more per hour. Our CEO just reported record-breaking profits for the year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 323
You deserved it 2 000

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CVeNgineer 0

Hey, that's still one more cent you didn't have before

Comments

At least you're getting SOMEWHERE, lots of people complain about having "dead-end jobs" that aren't going anywhere, I know it sucks to only get 1 cent, but it's progress and you know you haven't been "forgotten" by your boss. Keep working towards another raise, and think about how much more you're making now than when you first started.

That's because the CEO got a huge bonus!

People in general should be thankful they get pay increase and most of the times w/o an increase in job duties.

It's funny how CEO's make millions while there strategy to help cut down budget is to let go minimum wage workers.

linkinpark98 23

Where the Hell do you work? A lemonade stand? Edit: Someone said that already... :/ Sorry guys! *crawls back into hole*

im sure if you had gotten a raise, it was worth more than a penny. besides, the profit was just reported. maybe they may do something for everyone. and if they don't .... then it's no big deal. you have a job, sounds secured, and no company has to give you a raise because the had a record. maybe its an answer to any debt they may have. just saying, look at the big picture, and not just yourself.

Greendaycheese 12
rebel_belle1974 5

Wow 40 cents more a week! Now you can get kool aid!!!

havocmike 3

some people got pay cuts in recent years. does your company have debts from lean years they need to pay down? are you the cfo or ceo? if not, you have no idea what you're talking about..stfu