By Anonymous - 04/07/2012 16:41 - United States - Aurora

Today, I got a raise at work. It will bring my hourly wage to about a cent more per hour. Our CEO just reported record-breaking profits for the year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 323
You deserved it 2 000

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CVeNgineer 0

Hey, that's still one more cent you didn't have before

Comments

Mindymayhem1 0

Some people got laid off today many places so raise or not big or small I consider you blessed

Ask Obama to lower your taxes so you can have more take home pay.

graphicstyle7 17

Don't blame Obama, commenters. Don't blame the worker, blame American Corporate Greed, running rampant, making sure they have a brighter tomorrow, and you don't.

Soooo for all our hard record breaking work Mr CEO... How much of a raise + bonus did you get? Their is no such this as equal opportunity employment in the workplace.

Stop bitching. There are thousands of people looking for work right now that would gladly take your salary from you. I understand what you're saying, but count your blessings right now. I have a master's degree in business and couldn't find work for almost 6 months.

Quit complaining. The bonus the CEO will undoubtably get will eventually trickle down. Or is that pee?

The CEO reported 'record breaking profits' which is not the same as 'the CEO gave himself a big raise.' We do not know the financial status of the company and I am willing to bet that the OP is not privy to all that information, either. Was the company in a lot of debt? The profits may have lifted the company out of the red but without a ton left over for raises. I'm in an industry that is really struggling and I am here to tell you that hanging on to a job is a real feat these days, so count your blessings, OP. Some of my peers, many with more experience than I have, are on the street with no hope of ever re-entering the industry in which they have just spent the last 20 years.

Taymah49 7