By Anonymous - 04/07/2012 16:41 - United States - Aurora

Today, I got a raise at work. It will bring my hourly wage to about a cent more per hour. Our CEO just reported record-breaking profits for the year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 323
You deserved it 2 000

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CVeNgineer 0

Hey, that's still one more cent you didn't have before

Comments

fakeysLady 3
missadoodikins 9

Well it's better then the raise of nothing I got this year.

Rocky007 15

Thank goodness for the profits, or you might be getting a cut.

Keep the rich rich, and make sure you worry about job security all while doing your job even better for a penny more. Yay life. I could find more pennies on the ground per hour then the raise offers. It's just amazing how many people still think that pennies are worthless. If it was the 1920's and you were a woman that raise would be almost divine. Might be time to update that resume and start posting it. A penny sure doesn't show much appreciation, if any. More like just pretending to acknowledge that the price of living has gone up.

rcgirl2 11

This makes me wonder where all the good and faithful guys at? Are they in the friendzone?

at least you have a job. unlike some of us "/

1 cent more is not a good raise at all! Yeah you should be lucky you have a job and all but one more penny isn't going to get you much!

DasHaas 9

Sounds like they really appreciate you at your job. Then again, even in this economy, I guess it really depends on where you work. If you're doing it for a mega-corp, don't expect to be treated like anything more then a number to be balanced for maximum profits. It's why I joined a small company. They actually offered me an extra 100 bucks a month on top of what I said I wanted to earn 'because they figured I'd be worth it' even though I hadn't even signed the contract yet.

Making benefits and not sharing them with those who made it happen... The joy of capitalism!

It's happening everywhere, the same thing is happening with my job too. But I'm grateful that im not in the unemployment line! You should be as well OP!