By Anonymous - 04/07/2012 16:41 - United States - Aurora

Today, I got a raise at work. It will bring my hourly wage to about a cent more per hour. Our CEO just reported record-breaking profits for the year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 323
You deserved it 2 000

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CVeNgineer 0

Hey, that's still one more cent you didn't have before

Comments

Tell your boss to put it toward the company profits

Hey if you work 100 hrs, you will be $1.00 richer than you would've been before! Buy yourself something nice with all your extra cash :)

MrPacMan36 4

Sounds like my job... They send us papers showing huge sale profits and telling us better ways of doing business, but the pay stays the same.

Or where I used to work where the profits were growing and they used this as justification to increase our targets for the month...odd, we didn't see any extra money in our pay, but we did see it start to drop as people were struggling to make their monthly sales targets... I don't know who they thought they were fooling with that bullshit.

unknown_user5566 26

That's like receiving a backhanded compliment. "You're a good enough worker to earn a raise, just not a real raise". Honestly if I were you, I'd have a chat with my boss. Not to demand more money, but to see why that's all they gave you. They could see some issues with your work that you don't know about, and correcting those flaws might earn you a more substantial raise.

A one cent raise is basically an insult, but that is what you get when you work for a corporation. I would take one of those pennies and drop it in the gas tank of your boss's car every day.

MrPacMan36 4

Thats hilariously ingenious.

If you don't like it feel free to start your own company or invent something easily marketed. Drones don't get wealthy. Drones build and/or sell the ideas of others. Do you believe someone owes you a comfortable life for nothing more than being a worker bee ? YDI

It's ONE PENNY. It's worth nothing in todays economy. Are you saying working your arse of equals no compensation for your hard work?

unknown_user5566 26

So I take it you're unemployed, living in mom's basement, and working on your next invention so you can make the big bucks?

More likely his parents are quite wealthy and connected and this allowed him to make his way into a position of good employment with little effort.

jose18 3

Your CEO deserves the money he gets he worked his ass off to be were he's at stop complaining work harder and you'll probably be the CEO of your own company some day

Once again, OP worked to makes those high profits along with the other workers. He should at least be awarded with something higher then one cent. It's pretty much an insult. You sound like a CEO yourself.

perdix 29

Underpaying workers is the easiest way to maximize profits. Your sacrifice is making your CEO look good. Yay, you!

Yeah, but people without discretionary income don't buy stuff. Henry Ford had this figured out nearly 100 years ago but apparently it's lost on today's CEOs.

perdix 29
Big_lama6 7

Those profits will be going right to your asshole CEO's pocket