By danrocketman - 05/10/2010 05:16 - United States

Today, I got a job in my university library. My job title is technical services. My actual job is pulling off the book label for the scanner and putting a new one on. For six hours a day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 974
You deserved it 4 630

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Suck it. You're in Texas, you should be grateful you have an indoor job. When I see those poor bastards working on the roads, or building houses or mowing lawns (and all of us know what the vast majority of them look like), I admire their willingness to work like that and am not all that concerned exactly how they got into this country. When I was in college, I had a job in the library drilling holes through several issues of magazines and journals and binding them together between pieces of cardboard. It would have totally sucked, except the university subscribed to a wide array of **** "for research purposes." jkjkjk!

Comments

nachosbabygurl 9

Hey, at least you have a job, so look on the bright side!

bleedingglitter 24

I did that, along with a lot of other stuff, in the mending and processing department. Not that bad of a job.

Hey somebody has to do it! Haha sorry though that sucks

That1One1Chick 24

It's ok OP. My job is the same. I work at a Spine Surgery office and my job name is "Assistant Surgical Coordinator" but all I really do is fax papers, scan papers, and deal with insurance companies all day. Not fun.

To be honest, that plus an iPod full of audio books would be a pretty great job for me.

<p>It's a job plus it's the library what else do you expect?&nbsp;</p>

usatoday65 2

Don't feel bad. My fathers workplace had to bring in a specialist to sit in a chair and push a button. He sat there for 16 hours.