By danrocketman - 05/10/2010 05:16 - United States

Today, I got a job in my university library. My job title is technical services. My actual job is pulling off the book label for the scanner and putting a new one on. For six hours a day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 974
You deserved it 4 630

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Suck it. You're in Texas, you should be grateful you have an indoor job. When I see those poor bastards working on the roads, or building houses or mowing lawns (and all of us know what the vast majority of them look like), I admire their willingness to work like that and am not all that concerned exactly how they got into this country. When I was in college, I had a job in the library drilling holes through several issues of magazines and journals and binding them together between pieces of cardboard. It would have totally sucked, except the university subscribed to a wide array of **** "for research purposes." jkjkjk!

Comments

So? Someone has to do it. Do you think the labels will magically change themselves, or do you think it's beneath you? If you don't do it, who will? Someone had to put the original labels on, someone had to cover the books, someone had to put every book on the right shelf in the right order, then put them back in the right place after every time they're borrowed. These are the things that make a library work. Take pride in your job, and be the best at it that you can be. Imagine the personal shame you'd feel if you sucked at doing this simple task.

QUIT YER BITCHIN! That sounds like the easiest job in the universe. you can probably listen to your ipod too while you do it. I'd like to see a whiny bitch like you last one day in the military. I do some of the most rediculious stuff you can imagine. Back-breaking shit. You can't even pull labels off of books?! Aww, you might get a blister on your fingers! Your life doesn't suck. You just suck at life. Bitch.

celticmarine2005 2

At least you have a damn job. I'll take that job in a heart beat.- better than not having anything since January

change your major! you found your life's calling!!

And every student in the process of getting a library degree would kill for even that job in a library. Do you realize how bad the library market is? And some moron who has no desire to work in a library gets a gig? What a load of shit.

I agree - at my university's library, I think even the most junior people have at least a Master's degree, and the people that work there stay for _years_. I imagine getting a job there would be not the easiest thing in the world.

job is a job.... maybe McDonalds? At least u can eat there :)

skyeyez9 24

reminds me of the movie I saw callwd "Post Grad."

You have a job, so stop complaining. Like everyone else has said, plenty of people would love to have your job. Hell, you get two more hours in a day than I do. So shush. Yeah, I get that it sucks that it's so tedious, and I feel for you. I'd be so frustrated with a tedious job too. But think about the paycheck and shush.

So...why the hell did you take the job if the very first thing you're doing is complaining about it?

Oh boo hoo you have a job. I'll gladly take it off your hands if you don't want the cash. But seriously, be thankful you have one. I've been searching for a job with no luck.

Lucky. I'd love to have a simple job like that. :P Instead I have no job period.